WHOA!! Y'all are right...

GoGoChik

about co-washing.

I've been reading about co-washing since last August on this board. I was afraid to try it b/c I didn't want to manipulate my hair a lot and I guess I still had the idea that washing hair everyday was for "other" folks.

Anyway, I'm 2 months post relaxer, trying to stretch til' December. Last month I used the ORS carrot oil in order to comb through the new growth. But, this month I decided I didn't want to go around with stinky hair. So, 2 weeks ago, I started "shampooing" my hair with conditioner, rinsing, then applying conditioner again for 10 minutes and then rinsing.

My new growth has NEVER been so soft and manageable. I've been co-washing every 2-3 days. I comb STRAIGHT through the new growth, with no snap, crackle, pop. I don't even have to add any product to make it moist. I can't believe it. Now, I know I can make it at least another month or 2.

Thanks all you co-wash experts!

GoGoChik

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
I'm glad the con wash works for you. They are nice to do inbetween shampooing

Thanks. I shampoo once a week now and I co-wash twice a week.

Mestiza

sareca said:
Co-washing is the truth. :yep:
ITA! :yep:

As soon as I read the OP I said, "CO washing is the truth" and then, I scrolled down and saw that you said the same thing and EMJazzy agreed. :lol: We share two loves: henna and CO washing.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I cowash everyday right now except for the inbetween when my hair is flatironed. My hair is soft and growing like a weed.

Nice & Wavy

Cichelle said:
Been cowashing daily for about a year now. I love it and so does my hair. :)

Hi Cichelle, I've been scoping your fotki and I love your hair...it's absolutely beautiful. I just did the BC this past week and I'm trying to get familiar with my natural hair. We seem to have similar hair textures and I'm interested in what you use to co-wash with daily. What do you use to shampoo with and what type of leave in moisterizers to you use. Also, did you or do you use any vitamin regimens for growth? Anything you share will be greatly appreciated.

Cichelle

Nice & Wavy said:
Hi Cichelle, I've been scoping your fotki and I love your hair...it's absolutely beautiful. I just did the BC this past week and I'm trying to get familiar with my natural hair. We seem to have similar hair textures and I'm interested in what you use to co-wash with daily. What do you use to shampoo with and what type of leave in moisterizers to you use. Also, did you or do you use any vitamin regimens for growth? Anything you share will be greatly appreciated.

Hi N&W, thanks for the compliment and congrats on doing the Big Chop! I'll send you a pm a little bit later so as not to hijack the thread. :)