Anyone mostly only Co wash as opposed to pooing??

I am just not sure how many weeks i could get away with just conditioner washing,, when i use shampoo my hair is sooooo dry! but if i co wash even with a cone laden conditioner i still get super soft light hair,, is there anyone that isnt big on shampooing? Im typically a weekly washer and since last week i had to do it twice i ended up only co washing the second time,, with 10 en 1 and a vo5 my hair was FAR mor manageable curly.... my curls HATE shampoo......

I use shampoo like once every two months or so after coloring my grays with Bigen. In general, if my hair and scalp need a deeper cleansing, I use a baking soda/conditioner scrub.

ETA: This works for me because I very rarely use styling products.

Last edited:
hi,
i shampoo wash once in 2 weeks, i deep condition dry hair biweekly (either AO honeysuckle rose or ORS replenishing and olive oil) then just rinse.
i dont co wash daily though.

My husband grew his hair from 1 inch all the way to his arm pits in just 2 years by just stopping shampoo, no trims and daily conditioner washes. Shampoo use to dry his hair out and now that he stopped it...his hair won't stop growing.
He used any cheapie conditioner from costco.

im often to busy/lazy to poo

I just put the conditioner in my (dry) hair before bed and then wash it out in the morning

I mostly cowash. I use shampoo when necessary and even then I use it after coating my hair with oil and conditioner or diluting it with water. Straight shampoo dries my hair out and it takes a few days and cowashes to recover. The only shampoo that I can use without too much dryness is Aveda Sap Moss. I have had some success with shampoo bars, but only particular ones. Most of them give me what I call "crayon head"....just a waxy coated feeling on my hair.

Back