Who sleeps in rollers???

Lindy

For anyone who sleeps with rollers in their hair, I tried something recently that worked great!!

I brushed all the hair to the top of my head (as if I was gonna do a high ponytail) and then put my sponge rollers (wrapped in end papers) and rolled the ends of my hair (I didn't roll them all the way down to my scalp) I used about 6 rollers. Then I took a loose silk scrunchie and put it around all the rollers (so it looks like I'm wearing a roller crown) Now when you lie down, you don't sacrifice a good night's sleep cuz since the rollers are all at the top of your head, you can't feel them at all!!)

I imagine you could also use magnetic or any other kind of rollers too...

inthepink

Great idea but be careful with wearing the high ponytail at night - I know for me, it broke my hair off in the back...maybe from the movement? But this definitely sounds like a good idea for occasional use!

gvsugirl

I sleep in my magnetic rollers after I rollerset. I pull the front of my hair back , gel it down , throw on a scarf and roll the back of my hair. the top and sides are straightened by the scarf and I can now sleep on my sides.

I sleep in two rollers (magnetic). I split my hair in half horizontally and roll the ends. The rollers are kind of off to the side so that i can sleep on the other side.

PrettyBrownEyes

Occasionally, (like last night) I sleep in flexi rods. They give me a lot of curls and I sleep comfortably. I put a satin bonnet over the flexi rods.

In the morning its too curly for my taste to wear down so I wear it in a curly updo and swoop my bangs.

Also, sometimes the nights I wash and rollerset, I just remove the rollers from the sides and pin curl the curls to the side so that I can sleep comfortably.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
divanrare4m said:
Lindy, how long is your hair. Sounds like your hair has to be a certain length for this to work or turn out right.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right; your hair would have to be pretty long in the back (maybe between shoulder & brastrap length) for this to work for you. Otherwise when you put all the hair up to the top there won't be enough hair to roll

prettybrowneyes,
what do you use to "pincurl" the hair? Bobby pins? I would like to try that...

Ipanema

This is a good idea, depending on how long your hair is. I guess if your hair is shorter in the back, you can have a roller mohawk & sleep on your sides. For this past week, I've been sleeping in sponge rollers all over my head with no sleeping problems or pain, though. The plastic parts are pretty flexible.

Lindy

Yeah, I do them all over my head too, Ipanema (and you're right; they're not uncomfortable at all!!!); it's just that some nights I get lazy and just want to throw a few in at the top and go to bed!!

Cameos

[ QUOTE ]
perfectpeace said:
I sleep in two rollers (magnetic). I split my hair in half horizontally and roll the ends. The rollers are kind of off to the side so that i can sleep on the other side.

[/ QUOTE ]
My hair is about shoulder length and I use this method also. It makes my hair look as if I had a doobie done.

Lindy

I'm definitely going to try that!! Sounds like it would be good for when you just want your hair bumped slightly under, with no tight curl.

PrettyBrownEyes

Hi Lindy ,

I actually was going to create a new post to you about the JF Relax Serum because, I know you're a fan of it like I am!

Anyway, to answer your question I pin curl with hair pins, I have to use several for each curl. It's not the best, but, y'know it's better than trying to sleep with the magnetic rollers on the sides.

Okay, now to my question.

Lindy, when you rollerset do you use the JF Relax Serum and setting lotion or what?

I am near touch-up time and I want to rollerset and I know without using that serum on soaking wet hair my roots will be a mess probably when my hair dries. Last time I used it with a setting lotion it seemed as though it kind of blocked the setting lotion I think. This summer I tried so many different things I can't exactly remember.

I hope this makes sense, I'm in a rush.

Thanks!

Lindy

By hair pins, do you mean those silver pins that you use with the magnetic rollers when you set your hair?? Those must be painful to sleep on!!

I use the serum with my leave-in (usually Nexxus Headdress). Once in a while (when I'm using smaller rollers & want the curls to last) I'll use my Elasta QP Design Foam.

lunalight7

I finally found the Solar Rollers at Ulta in Atlanta this past weekend. Ive been using them ever since and I love them. They give great curl (although a little too tight - - I wishe they had a bigger size...) and I dont feel them at all while sleeping.

Lindy

Are the solar rollers those silver skinny ones that are supposed to give you spiral curls?? I have those but have never even tried them!! Do you roll your hair on them like you would on a regular roller, or do you do it the way they say to - (wrap your hair spiral-like down the length of the roller)??.

lunalight7

I think Allandra had a pic of them on another thread...mine are little foam cylanders wrapped in gold metallic material w/ wired ends so I just wrap hair around then like you would a regular roller, then bend the ends inwards to hold in place. HTH

Lindy

Oh yeah, that's right lunalight; they're gold, not silver!! My bad!!
Yep, I have them, but I don't think there are enough rollers in the pack for me to roll all my hair on... How many packs do you have?

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
By hair pins, do you mean those silver pins that you use with the magnetic rollers when you set your hair?? Those must be painful to sleep on!!

I use the serum with my leave-in (usually Nexxus Headdress). Once in a while (when I'm using smaller rollers & want the curls to last) I'll use my Elasta QP Design Foam.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they're the hair pins you can use for French Rolls and Buns. They're black. It's better to use bobby pins I just have a large container of hair pins so I use those instead.

Lindy

Oh, okay!! Now I gotcha!!

Oh, I tried putting in a few magnetic rollers on the top of my head last night and it worked great!! I'm getting a lot of compliments on my hair today. I'm wearing it all out, with a side part, and it has just a very slight curl with body & volume. I'll definitely be doing this again!!