Who is still Crunk for Castor Oil?

GirlTalk

Been using jamaican black & Indian hair castor oil X 2 weeks in my conditioner. Hair feeling a bit thicker!

frizzy

Which one do you like the most? JBCO v. CO? Did you find one was better than the other.

Actually, I was feeling the CO more, it's thicker and was great for keeping moisture in my hair for twist-outs when I was many weeks post relaxer.

Now that I have a new touch-up I would use the thinner JBCO, BUT I made up a batch of rosemary oil and I have some new mahabringraj (sp) oil I want to try out, so I'll lay off of the CO's until later on.

..........so many products, so little time.............

trunee

I just tried Castor oil for the first time tonight. I'm hoping it works wonders for me the way it has for so many others on the board :)

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I've been cheating on Castor Oil lately with other oils like Avocado, etc. But Castor Oil is my tried and true oil that really keeps my hair moisturized. Although avocado oil is still a great oil, I need to stop playing around and go back to my castor.

Tif392002

im still crunk, i loves castor oil and its one of my staple products... since i have been using it
* thicker growth
* thicker edges
*soft ends.

MaintaintheSexy

I use Swan Castor Oil. The one intended for laxatives. At on particular time, I started applying it to my scalp every other day when I noticed that my scalp was very, very dry. Well, my hair grew like wild fire. I couldn't believe it. Now, I have to have castor oil in my regimen.

Sade'

I just bought some the other day from CVS, I mixed it with Peppermint Oil and Lavender Vanilla Oil for a pleasant scent and applied it to my dry scalp. It absorbed very quickly. My hair does not feel greasy today but it is shiny. I can't wait to report back in a month or two with results.

amber815

It has helped with my edges tremendously. I try to remember to apply it daily. just oiled my scalp with some in preparation for my touch up tomorrow.

love90

me!!! i have just discovered jamaican black castor oil and it makes my curlies sooo soft when combined with shea butter and coconut oil :drool:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've been cheating on Castor Oil lately with other oils like Avocado, etc. But Castor Oil is my tried and true oil that really keeps my hair moisturized. Although avocado oil is still a great oil, I need to stop playing around and go back to my castor.

Erm..Me Too:look: I have been using Wheat Germ, Essential Fatty Acids with Omega 3,6, & 9 and Nexxus Oil.

I Still Lurves me some JBCO:lick: Just thought I'd venture out and come back home later......:grin:

Jewell

I got crunk about trying me some Jamaican Black CO/JBCO, but I haven't been able to find any! Maybe I'm not looking hard enough...off to do a search. I really want some to use on my hair ends especially.

Me!!! I love castor oil!! My hair is growing in much thicker and my edges are getting back on point. I'm interested in trying JBCO on my scalp though....***off to order some****

PPGbubbles

lol @ the title OP!

I used to use it to seal my ends it but im over it....it is too heavy for my thin strands i will occasionally use some to lay down my edges but thats about it.

coconut oil is the truth for me!

Mzz Mac

lol @ the title OP!

I used to use it to seal my ends it but im over it....it is too heavy for my thin strands i will occasionally use some to lay down my edges but thats about it.

coconut oil is the truth for me!

Why don't you mix the coconut oil that you love with the castor oil to thin it out so you can still use it?

MizzCoco

I love it! I use it on my scalp 2x a week, and my new growth has never been thicker. I even have my mom using some on her thinning hair( I'm not sure why its thinning, could be age) and its helping her as well! I'm a JBCO user for life!

BellaLunie

is this a good brand of castor oil? I got it at my local Jamaican store and I'm not quite sure it's legit.. It says "Oil of Palma Christi, all natural and unrefined"

ETA It's the real deal. It passed the sniff test. It brought me back to my childhood

Last edited:

nysister

I use the kind in the picture below and regular Castor oil. I find that they both keep my hair soft. I've just ordered some more.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-02-27 at 1.38.39 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2010-02-27 at 1.38.39 PM.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 11

yodie

BellaLunie,
I've heard other ladies online who use this brand. I think its pretty legit, but you'll really be able to tell by how well your hair responds to it.

I have Home Health and JBCO. I apply to my scalp 2x per week. The JBCO smells like nasty cigarette breath. Yuck!

is this a good brand of castor oil? I got it at my local Jamaican store and I'm not quite sure it's legit.. It says "Oil of Palma Christi, all natural and unrefined"

ETA It's the real deal. It passed the sniff test. It brought me back to my childhood

shopgalore

I have heard that Palma Christi is pretty good and on a par with JBCO imo, but I do love JBCO it is a nutty smell granted it just does a good job on my hair so far.

pringe

well im using mine faithfully. I use it around my temples and for my sealant as well. Loving it, not loving the smell of JBCo though. YUCK! But i've gotten used to it and I use it at night so by am the smell is gone