Who is still Crunk for Castor Oil?

chayil0427

Hey ladies...wondering who is still using castor oil. I've been going through some old threads and I'm thinking about trying this to help with my dry damaged colored ends. I'm planning on hanging onto them until next January when I'll trim evenly to shoulder length. Until then I wanna keep them to give me sufficient length to put my hair up in a protective style.
If you're using castor oil are you using Jamaican Black, Cold pressed unrefined, or just the drug store jump off? What has castor oil done for you?

Chayil

Last edited:

VeryBecoming

Devil's Avocado
I am..I need to get some more.

I've stopped using it and my ends look awful. I didn't realize how much it helped.

cutiebe2

I love JBCO...I kinda feel off and I need to mix that up again
Since I ran out of MN I will apply it to my scalp alternating with MTG...it helps my hair to grow in thicker

chayil0427

So is JBCO better than regular? How about cold pressed? Can I just get the stuff from the drug store?

Chayil

Gryphyn

I :love: my castor oil. I'll never give it up! No other product has ever left my hair so soft, especially during winter.

chayil0427

OOOOOOOOOOOH! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I went to walgreens to pick up my scrip and I wanted to see what kind of castor oil they have so I asked the pharmacist where it was she's like hold on... gets on the phone and announces out over the speaker, "Can I get a manager for customer service at the laxatives!" :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Oh wow....well the manager showed me to the castor oil. I decided not to get it there but wait and pick up some cold pressed at whole foods or order some JBCO online.

Chayil

buttaflye03

chayil0427 said:
OOOOOOOOOOOH! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I went to walgreens to pick up my scrip and I wanted to see what kind of castor oil they have so I asked the pharmacist where it was she's like hold on... gets on the phone and announces out over the speaker, "Can I get a manager for customer service at the laxatives!" :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Oh wow....well the manager showed me to the castor oil. I decided not to get it there but wait and pick up some cold pressed at whole foods or order some JBCO online.

Chayil

:lol: The things we go through for our hair!

I've been using JBCO for about a week or so. I'm still trying to figure out how best to use it. So far, I use it on my ends and add it to my conditioner mixes.

chayil0427

buttaflye03 said:
:lol: The things we go through for our hair!

I've been using JBCO for about a week or so. I'm still trying to figure out how best to use it. So far, I use it on my ends and add it to my conditioner mixes.

So how is your hair feeling since you started using it?

Chayil

buttaflye03

chayil0427 said:
So how is your hair feeling since you started using it?

Chayil

Well, my ends are soft and silky but they've been like that since I've started baggying (which i don't do everynight btw). Adding it to my conditioner mixes is hard to tell also b/c I add other oils too. I don't know if I should use it on my scalp or what. I'm still trying to figure it out.

Tonight I sealed my ends with it after moisturizing and rubbed some in my hands and smoothed it over my hair. then I placed my hair in a high bantu and tied it down with a scarf. I'm 5 weeks post and I just washed my hair Saturday. The middle section is becoming a jungle and my edges are getting that "needs a relaxer" look, :look: so I'm trying tolay down that NG. I could have done the scarf method of airdryer but decided to rollerset instead hence the NG puff.

buttaflye03

Okay, so I just removed my scarf so I can apply some cinnamon oil. My edges are smooth and soft, much different than yesterday. I took my bantu down and my hair feels soft and full. My NG is very soft, thick but soft. This may be a keeper after all.

Country gal

I am a big fan of castor oil. I use the cold pressed version found at my most drug stores. I get my CO from the Vitamin Shop. I orignially started using it to thicken up my hair. It did the trick. It gives my natural hair unbelievable shine and softness.

I put it in a applicator bottle and oil it to my scalp. My hair loves it.

Qetesh

I like caster oil a lot, originally I only used it on my scalp on thinning temple areas but recently I used it on all of my natural hair :eek: …. It really defines my curls and I am amazed, at first it seems sticky but if I put it on damp hair it really absorbs it and jus looks good. I am becoming a huge fan of caster oil (my hair likes)

darkempress

I'M STILL VERY MUCH IN LOVE WITH CASTOR OIL. THE BENEFITS OF IT ARE REALLY GREAT, AND IT HAS HELPED WITH BOTH MY EDGES AND MY ENDS.:)

texasgrl

Me me me me me me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I luv it it is my staple oil nothing softens and protects my hair like it and it is so cheap. :D :D :D Do your self a favor and get some.

dona_flor

I'm loving my castor oil :love: . I buy it in bulk at FNWL (plain, clear pale pressed) It's only $7.00 for a 32 oz bottle. If that's not value for your money, I don't know what is :D! I add pure rosemary, lavender, sage & ylang ylang essential oils to it. I really like how soft and moist it makes my hair without making it greasy. It's great for my scalp too, especially with the EOs added. (It smells yummy too :lick:.)

mscocoface

I have been hooked on this since I saw it in motown girls site. When my hair was down I used it once a week during the winter spring months. During the summer months I use a lighter oil.

With the protectives style I use Amla and Vatika since I can get those in my hair and leave them there. When I take down my protective style for two weeks I use the Castor oil for deep conditioning and my ends. I love that stuff too.

dona_flor

Country gal said:
I orignially started using it to thicken up my hair. It did the trick. It gives my natural hair unbelievable shine and softness.
I noticed that you hair is SUPER thick and healthy looking :). May I ask, if you are adding anything to your CO, or do you use it 'straight'?

Cleve_gryl

Is castor a heavier oil? I would love to try it, but if its going to weigh me down, then I'll pass...heavier than EVOO?