Who is still Crunk for Castor Oil?

tiger4513

I just bought some JBCO and it makes my hair feel so soft. I use it as a sealer, but it is definetly a keeper for me. :)

amwcah

JBCO in full effect here! :D I use it on my temple and nape directly. Also, I have recently mixed it in my Profectiv Healthy Ends, ORS Olive Oil, spray bottle, shampoos, and conditioners.

dstdiva

i've been using it as a sealant all winter. i love it! i use the drugstore variety. makes my hair feel great. i've recently started mixing it with my coconut oil and applying at night. i didn't know that you could put it on your scalp. (off to do mine!)

neet4

I finally used the Castor Oil. Wow! What a difference! I never want to run out of this stuff.

FYI: I started using the Jamaican Black Castor Oil this week. I thought my hair would feel very greasy because the castor oil is so thick, but my hair feels soft, smooth, and moisturized. Now I have found at least one staple product. I am still testing many other products so that I can finally have a "regimen".

Neet

chayil0427

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!! I tried that castor oil last night and MY GOODNESS. I woke up in the middle of the night and ripped off my bonnet to feel my hair and it was like buttery silk. SO SOFT ... SO MOIST.

I applied the castor oil liberally after washing my hair last night with the Nexxus and OMG... my hair has never felt better.

Even my dry brittle nape was moist and perfectly silky this morning. If the ever stop making castor oil I'll shave my head like brit spears.

This stuff IS the truth.

Chayil

tryingto

for those of you that use the grocery or drugstore castor oil, doesen't it have a smell, I remember mom's giving that to me as a child, when we were sick, the thought is making my stomach turn,:barf: however for silky hair, I guess I can pinch my nose:ohwell:

tbaby_8

I use NOW castor oil to smooth my edges when I need them to lay down or I mixe it with some other pure oils and use it all over my head. I really like it like that.

RedVelvet310

YES! My hair grows so fast and I always get compliments on how thick and soft it is :yep: I'm going to start using it as a pre-poo hot oil treatment and see how that turns out

darlingdiva

I'm still using castor oil. It's one of my must-have oils b/c it's so versatile.

1. It works wonders on my ends.

2. It makes a great pre-poo (it really cuts down on the harshness of the shampoo & it makes my hair feel smooth after I've finished washing)

3. It makes my hair feel soft when I seal w/ it after using CD Black Vanilla Leave In

4. It promotes shine. My hair always shines when I mix it w/ coconut oil, honey, and water.

mkd

I love castor oil! I tried it yesterday and today and now I truly get the meaning of sealing. I used it to seal in my conditioner after I washed my hair and I love it.

leona2025

I have some Hollywood Beauty Castor Oil, but I'm guessing it's not the same as what you guys are talking about. It's light and non grease. I use it to seal and it's light green in color. I can't use it anymore because after a few days it made my face break out with bumps. When I stopped using it they went away.

LushLox

Castor oil is a great protector of the ends. It is slightly heavy on the hair, but it leaves it so buttery soft and the heaviness soon goes away.

I'm a bit confused about this 'smell' that people are talking of. I use organic castor oil that has absolutely no scent at all. So assumingly there are different types of castor oil then? :confused:

phyl73

I use it. I use jamaican black castor oil. I had to order it online. I mix some of it with my MegaTek mixture. I love it. I have yet to seal with it. I think I'll start today.

Adaj

I use it. I use jamaican black castor oil. I had to order it online. I mix some of it with my MegaTek mixture. I love it. I have yet to seal with it. I think I'll start today.

this is what I do!! I mix my JBCO with MT also. i also use it to "grease" my scalp.

Sunshyn3

Castor oil is definitely a friend of mine. I love all the new growth I`ve received with it. I use JBCO twice a week in my scalp.

Nice Lady

I presently have been using castor oil and I experience new growth post 3 weeks after a relaxer. In addition, my hair has gotten thicker and it preserved my ends (every 5 months)--like now that I need a trim. I want to try JBCO but I have 32 oz bottle to finish.

ryanshope

Castor Oil is the truth--especially for 4a/b hair. Now that I am natural, I use a castor oil/rosemary mix twice a week or so. I co-wash and rub two quarters amount in my palms and rub the mixture into my hair. I put my plastic cap and stocking cap on top. Then I put on a wig and go about the day. My hair feels so moisturized and healthy--I swear I should have gone natural a long time ago :)

Last edited:

Rei

I loooove castor oil

I can only use coconut oil when my hair is wet, otherwise my hair just laughs at it

exoticmommie

I love castor oil, even though I have to use a little because I have thin hair. I makes my new growth so soft and smooth. I use it on my ends as needed.

frizzy

I'm still crunk. I use the regular CO more than the JBCO, but that may be because I have a 16 oz. bottle of the regular stuff. (NOW Foods brand)

Castor oil is some good multi-purpose stuff.

chebaby

i still love castor oil but i find that i like it better at night as it is very heavy on my twa. i also love to mix it in my coconut milk and evoo mix for pre co washing.

Nice Lady

I'm still crunk. I use the regular CO more than the JBCO, but that may be because I have a 16 oz. bottle of the regular stuff. (NOW Foods brand)

Castor oil is some good multi-purpose stuff.

Which one do you like the most? JBCO v. CO? Did you find one was better than the other.