Who here has acheived their goals WITHOUT protective styling??

[ QUOTE ]
Cleo said:
Kaddy - I use liquid leave-ins (H-two or Pantene Detangling spray) if I'm wearing it down or I use Salerm if I put it in a bun after washing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Cleo:

You've shared some great info. Can you tell me who makes H-two and where can i buy it?

BrownStallion! Yes...that's another album to stalk...admire...

*Mo scribbles down BrownStallion to list*

Maybe I can't respond to this because I haven't achieved my goal, but I have achieved length without protective styling (i.e. buns, fake ponies, etc). My hair is exposed daily with the curl/perm rod style I wear but they key is to just keep it moisturized and wash and deep condition on a regular basis.

For the most part, I achieved my first hair goal without protective styling - but my hair curls up and stays off my neck and clothes, even at 6 inches. If I put on a wooly turtleneck or something though, I may have to pin it up.

I just keep my hair curly - and the product combo I use seems to maintain it for me. But I do believe you have to sacrifice style to some extent achieve your hair goal.

[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:
I don't want to put the wrong information out there, but I believe that Nay seldom wears protective styling. Her hair is amazing! She inspires me to stay long & natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the compliment, Browndilocks /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

And you're right. I have never worn a bun, and I almost always wear my hair down. My only "protective" measures are limiting my use of heat and extra-gentle detangling when I wash my hair.

it helped me this summer i wore braids for four months and i had so much new growth and im on tha clip bun challenge now but i am wearin my hair down today but normally its up until i reach my goal of 4 inches past bra strap im strechin out relaxers too.

Back