Who Are Your Hair Idols/Inspiration?

my inspirations are people on this board, everyday ladies who are growing healthy long hair. the people I look to the most are...

KiniKakes
MsKibibi
Wishing4BSL
JenniferMD
Candy_C
MacherieAmour

ITA with the bolded! I :love: their manes!

Last edited:
Isis! Largely because I suspect she might be a hairtwin, and because I fell in :love: with this picture a while ago - it's me, close to goal!!!!

293490929_683a1b2c1f_o.jpg

Nadia Turner (she was on American Idol)

2217261010_d267c98e38_m.jpg

An unknown nappy

2217260986_7ca313f7d2_m.jpg

Another unknown nappy

2217260956_dd55b7ab25.jpg

ETA: And one star? What's up with THAT? I mean dang, we are all here for inspiration and support - what flavor of haterade is someone drinking so hard they have to give an INSPIRATIONAL thread one star??? :perplexed :ohwell: :nono:

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for posting, but I was hoping for photos and not lhcf member name lists lol:lachen: Ah well. Glad we have such INSPIRING people here!!!

My inspirations are the women who's hair I can attain.
I looove naturals
so my idols are
Lynnieb
Velvethalo
zzirving.
Not to say that i don't admire all of the beautiful hair Ive seen all over this board but these three ladies make me know I can attain great lengths

my hair idol is definately sylver 2 and pokahontas these girls have turned a sista into a stalker :look:

my inspiration is Keisha 8185 because her hair seems to be like mine a bit so i can relate and cant wait till my hair is like hers :yawn:

:drunk: AWWWW!! Thank you so much!

This made my whole week :grin:

If I had to keep my list brief, from the board, I would choose:

Machieriamour's length
Dillard's shine
Dysylla's thickness
Jamila's cut/color

Celebs:
The one and only AALIYAH

Last edited:
These 3 very kind ladies from the board:
HoneyDew
Kiesha8185
Dlewis
They are always gracious and give very good instructions. I appreciate their attention to detail.:detective:

Starr1
Flowerhair
Chichelle
MissScarlett
Iris
Loveya4eva
Chicoro
Miija

Thanks to all who mentioned me!
1.gif

my hair idol is definately sylver 2 and pokahontas these girls have turned a sista into a stalker :look:

my inspiration is Keisha 8185 because her hair seems to be like mine a bit so i can relate and cant wait till my hair is like hers :yawn:
Aww, thanks!

I'm not natural, but Southern Tease, Chicoro and Pochahontas.

But I can't forget my girls Poochie and Almond Joy either!

mochamadness
mochamadness
mochamadness

oh yeah lilamae, Keisha8185 and amara11. I love their hair!

Hey Whimsy, I am inspired by BIG long natural hair too!!! Here are some of my hair idols/inspirations:

LHCF natural hair idols:
Affinity07
Ms Lala
Chicoro
Bublinbrnsuga

Fotki hair idols:
catheadface
afro11
wysdomnaps
DivineSpirals
merisitamun
Yassylane
Poochie247

Famous/Celebrity hair idols:
Angela Davis
Pam Grier
Erykah Badu (if her fro is fake, I still admire it)
Janine Green
Marsha Hunt
Terri-Karelle Griffith (Miss Jamaica 2005)
Yaya
Nadia Turner
T'Keyah Crystal Keymah
Alicia Keys

~~~~
I know I have WAAYYY more idols and inspirations but those are just some that came to mind while I was typing this post. :)

Last edited:
Serenitybreeze
Jamila75

Wow, I definitely didn't expect to see my name! :lachen:Thanks though! :lol:

There's too many beautiful heads to name, but I love Macherieamour for her awesome tuts. Even dh was like wow when she broke her hair out of a wrap and it all cascaded down, long, thick and shiny. And trust, he is NOT into hair boards! :lol:

Back