Which is the better buy--the Jilbere flat iron or-

kasey

--the Jilbere curling iron?

Hey Girls,

For those of you who own one or both of these, which is the better buy?

I only want to buy one of them and I am leaning toward the curling iron because it would allow me to both straighten and curl--and it is the least expensive of the two. The only difference, besides the shape, is that the flat iron goes to 230 degrees, while the curling iron goes to 200 degrees.

Are some of you still having problems with the flat iron? Are any of you having problems with the curling iron.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Revlon brand of ceramic irons?

Thanks,

--kc

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Kasey, I don't know the answer to your questions, but have one of my own. Are both of the Jilbere products mentioned ceramic?

Allandra

I purchased the flat iron last year (around December), and I use it every now and then. I really like it. I purchased the curling iron June 1, 2003. I took it back on June 12, 2003. I just like the flat iron better.

Brownie

[ QUOTE ]
I purchased the flat iron last year (around December), and I use it every now and then. I really like it. I purchased the curling iron June 1, 2003. I took it back on June 12, 2003. I just like the flat iron better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra,
when you got your flat iron was it in the old packaging, or was it in the new Ceramic Tools packaging? I want one, but I'm nervous about getting one after the last discussion---plates slipping and the things falling apart
Also has anyone tried the flat iron that's in Sally's that has the blue ceramic plates. I noticed the plates are screwed down, and it gets up to 200 degrees.

kasey

Re: Which is the better buy--the Jilbere flat iron

Thank you Allandra.

What didn't you like the ceramic curling iron?

Also, Does anyone else have a preference? I am especially looking for comments from natural 3C/4A ceramic flat iron/curling iron users.

Thanks.

--kc

Allandra

The ceramic flat iron I have does the job, so I decided I really didn't need the ceramic curling iron too.

BlkMane

I have the Jilbere flat irons (both sizes) and the Jilbere curling iron (1 1/2 inch). They are all ceramic.

I like the small Jilbere ceramic flat iron the best of all. I don't care for the large ceramic iron (it's too big and bulky).

The ceramic iron is OKAY. I don't think it straightens as well as the old "gold" curling irons. If you want to straighten your hair with it, I think you should buy the small Jilbere iron it is superior.

BTW, I purchased a Vidal Sasson ceramic iron--2 inch--it is the exact copy of those irons that costs $100+. It is the bomb.

Allandra

I remember the old "gold" curling irons from back in the day. Gosh, I haven't seen one in a long, long time.

kasey

the Jilbere ceramic flat iron vs curling iron

Thanks Allandra and BlkMane,

I haven't straightened my hair for about 15 months. But I think I might like to have a smooth and silky look once in a while.

My hair gets straight enough after a shampoo and airdry in braids. But I still think that my hair is gonna laugh out loud if I try to get a smooth and silky look with that little bitty Jilbere flat iron. I guess I am trained to think that I need high heat and pressure to get the silky look.

Maybe I'll buy both the flat and the curling iron and try them out to figure out which one is best for me. I only want to get ONE ceramic appliance.

BlkMane, have you had any problems with the ceramic coating coming off your flat irons? Do you like the Jilbere curling iron? Tell me more about the "gold" curling irons?

Thanks.

-kc

lexi_24

[ QUOTE ]
The ceramic iron is OKAY. I don't think it straightens as well as the old "gold" curling irons. If you want to straighten your hair with it, I think you should buy the small Jilbere iron it is superior.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "gold" irons? Gold n Hot curling irons?