Blow dry or flat iron the roots?

blessed7777

I say flat ironing is better for a more sleek finish and less intense heat. I have debated with the Dominicans at the salon about this lol :) they think that blow drying is less damaging.

gissellr78

I don't know which one is less damaging heat is heat but if you have a flat iron that gets really close to the scalp i say Flat iron...If you want it completely straight then blow dryer.

another question, which is easier to learn to do yourself? :look:
I don't do rollersets because I don't know how but I'm choosing flat ironing. I just feel like the round brush/blow dryer method is soooo harsh.I used to get my hair done that way it was always brittle and awful although I can't blame that I still prefer the flat iron... It's not hard to learn,,, you just have to practice,, took me maybe 2-3 years of weekly flat ironing before I could say I was excellent at it.. now after close to 5 years Im a pro :) And this is someone who was seriously "hair retarded" before lol... My main issue now is I've flat ironed so much that I've lost my curl pattern in some places completely but my hair is still FAR longer and healthier than when I had a relaxer and was getting blow outs...