When should a protein reconstructor be used?

QueenT

I just purchased Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor and Motions CPR conditioner.

Which one should I use for the Mid - Relaxer Protein Conditioner step as described by SisterSlick in her article?

Artemis

I just purchased Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor and Motions CPR conditioner.

Which one should I use for the Mid - Relaxer Protein Conditioner step as described by SisterSlick in her article?

The Motions Silk Protein conditioner is made to be used as mid-relaxer step. I use it for every touch-up.

Both CPR products you have mentioned are more for if you have more breakage than normal or to prevent such breakage from occuring if you feel you've overmoisturized. I use the Protein Reconstuctor (in the bottle) once every other week as my mild/moderate "maintenance" protein. I don't use the CPR conditioner in the jar b/c it has all those little "thingies" in it.

HTH :)

ETA: ALL breakage issues should be resolved PRIOR to relaxer session!! Any heavy proteins used prior to relaxer should be done maybe a week prior to touch up (or whenever your last wash day [~3-5 days] prior to relaxer is).

Last edited:

Samory07

I was just looking at SistaSlicks articles and she says if you are about to relaxer your hair in a couple days then you should use Motions CPR Conditioner as a light protein treatment if you have some breakage. What exactly did you want to use this product for...if you dont mind me asking? Where you just trying to strengthen your hair or were you trying to use is as a weekly treatment...because if you are then I wouldn't recommend this product because it is a little strong:nono: lol....(I'm saying this from experience.) But it would be good a couple days before a relaxer if followed with a good moisturizing conditioner.:yep:

HisBestFriend

Queen are you asking for guidance like

Use a protein reconstructor:

mild- two days before a relaxer.
mild- after relaxer application.
heavy - after taking down braids

Some kind of guidance to that affect?

If so then :bump::bump::bump: cause I want to know as well!!

Last edited:

Artemis

She means the protein for after rinsing out the relaxer, but before neutralizing...

I edited my previous post for thread clarification :)

Last edited:

HisBestFriend

Oh okay. I have been going through all of the post re: Protein treatments and saving them. I figure I'll find enough advice which cover any/all possible situations I might find myself in for the rest of the year.

Thanks.

Diya

speaking of when to use proteins... I'm about to schedule my first relaxer since joining LHCF and I want to make sure I do everything right this time...can anyone answer these questions for me??

1. I should not wash my hair less than ____ days before a relaxer.
2. I should give myself a ____ (light or heavy) protein treatment _____ (before or after) a relaxer.
3. I should never, EVER _____ before going in for a relaxer.

Thanks in advance, ladies. Feel free to add whatever additional advice you may have up your sleeves! :yep:

BrooklynSouth

speaking of when to use proteins... I'm about to schedule my first relaxer since joining LHCF and I want to make sure I do everything right this time...can anyone answer these questions for me??

1. I should not wash my hair less than _48 hours___ days before a relaxer.
2. I should give myself a dunno?____ (light or heavy) protein treatment _____ (before or after) a relaxer.
3. I should never, EVER _irritate the scalp, wet, ____ before going in for a relaxer.

Thanks in advance, ladies. Feel free to add whatever additional advice you may have up your sleeves! :yep:

QUEEN:, I like the CPR with the thingies in it. I neutralize immediately post relaxer..then condition. DIYA:Keep your eyes on the mirror, do not allow over lapping, bring your own wide tooth comb..preferably a shower comb to avoid that rat tail, tiny toothed comb. Stay in control of what you want done to your hair and use the relaxer of YOUR choice..it's your hair, when you want the relaxer rinsed out do not let the stylist make you wait..if need be get up and go to the sink.

Last edited:

northernbelle

Re: protein treatments before/after a relaxer: I was told one to two weeks before a relaxer, and two weeks following a relaxer.

Samory07

1. I should not wash my hair less than ____ days before a relaxer.
2. I should give myself a ____ (light or heavy) protein treatment _____ (before or after) a relaxer.
3. I should never, EVER _____ before going in for a relaxer.

• 1. 3-5 days using a clarifying shampoo to achieve straighter results
  • 2. If you already have breakage you could go with a heavy treatment such as Apohgee Treatment for Damaged Hair...you can find this at Sallys-But if you dont really have breakage but you want to make your hair a lil stonger you can go with something light like Apohgee 2 Minute Keritain Reconstructer or Motions CPR Conditioner.
  • Dont ever scratch your scalp before getting a relaxer or allow them to overprocess your hair.
I found all this information from SistaSlick's articles...I will get the url for you!:yep:

Samory07

• 1. 3-5 days using a clarifying shampoo to achieve straighter results
  • 2. If you already have breakage you could go with a heavy treatment such as Apohgee Treatment for Damaged Hair...you can find this at Sallys-But if you dont really have breakage but you want to make your hair a lil stonger you can go with something light like Apohgee 2 Minute Keritain Reconstructer or Motions CPR Conditioner.
  • Dont ever scratch your scalp before getting a relaxer or allow them to overprocess your hair.
I found all this information from SistaSlick's articles...I will get the url for you!:yep:

This is 4 steps to preparing your hair for a relaxer---Love this article!:yep::yep::yep::grin: Hope this Helps!
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/278572/getting_ready_to_relax_preparing_your.html