what's the longest time u've gone w/o ......

silvergirl

Re: what\'s the longest time u\'ve gone w/o ......

back ,back . back in the day when water was evil, the longest ive been without my hair wash was 2 weeks,, no more.

Ebony

when in a weave, two months. when mad busy, sometimes almost a month. nowadays i try to at least condition wash if i can't shampoo within two weeks.

Sweet C

Ooh, it has been three weeks before my wash last week and it was ok and I had a deep conditioner, but when I wash on Tues, Im going to have to hot oil and deep condition for at least an hour to try and recover the damage.

26INCHHAIR

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
bAbyGirLbX said:
washing your hair???

I just realized yesterday that I've gone 3 entire weeks without washing.
I know....i know. I usual wash it every week but I've been so busy socializing and going out every weekend that I haven't had the chance. I am sooooo disappointed at myself. Yet for some reason 4 different people told me my hair looked great today. I promise I will wash it tomorrow.

So what's the longest you've gone?? I know I'm not the only one!

[/ QUOTE ]

girl, i'm mad that you posted this
we already had this convo, and i am too ashamed to say, but look @ it this way, look how many other ladies on that site that typed 4 weeks=month and i even saw 8 weeks. see, so my ---- weeks wasn't so bad

lol, u know i will never go that long again, ok i will spill 5 weeks during my first semester @ college-let's say i was so caught up with being a college student for the first time that clean hair was not on my mind-shoot it was looking good when it was dirty

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent washed my hairt due to cornrows..its ok though, cuz imma wash it today and now this whole week was extremly itchy

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
When I was in high school, I once went from touch-up to touch-up without washing...that would be 2 months. What was I thinking? Out of all the abuse I did to my hair back then, it grew and was healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow girl.

licutiexx

Before I knew the importance of washing your hair atleast 1x a week I have braids in for about 2 months and watched it once so I went 6 weeks without washing my hair cause I didn't want my braids to get fuzzy.

bAbyGirLbX

I can't believe that week four is around the corner and my lazy self has still not found the time to wash all this grease out my hair

MizAvalon

This is embarrassing to say, but years ago when I wore crochet braids, I think I went a couple of months one time without washing.
Even growing up, I think it was only every 2 or 3 weeks. Now I wash once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks.

alliyah4eva203

years ago(before i knew anything about hair care) i would go from relaxer retouch to retouch without washing my hair. also when i had braids in i would never wash.(roughly about 3 months)

TastesLikeMusic

oh gosh...i've gone weeks [perhaps 3 or 4] without washing...and it was only because i was being lazy. never again. NEVER.

Ms. Analeise

I don't use a lot of products or sweat in my head that much, so I can go quite awhile. It doesn't stink or itch, either. I can easily go a month with weekly rinses.

BTW- mikki727- I can not stop looking at your avatar. I know that't the "More than a Woman" video, but I didn't realize it was an outtake and now I can't stop looking at it. That's neat, where did you find that?

EXSQUISIT

2 weeks way back when...but now i cant stand to go more than a couple of days (conditioner washing) and shampooing once a week.

lovelymissyoli

Before coming to this site, I wouldn't wash my hair for months at a time, and this was even when I didn't have braids. If I didn't get it washed at the shop, it would never be washed. I don't think I even owned a bottle of shampoo
. I was always told that black people shouldn't wash their hair because they'll loose all their natural oils and will have dry damaged hair. Boy was I lied to...Now (for the past 2 1/2 months) I wash my hair 2 times a week, does it look like I have damaged hair...not to me...

SoAnxious12

i usually in the summer since i'm an inactive teenager i'll only wash my hair very two weeks because i hardly ever go outside(i peel in the sun...go figure
) and sweating isn't an issue because i always have the a/c kickin. But in the winter when i'm more active and in school with nasty hands touching my hair I was every week. But anyway the longest i've gone is about 2 months and it really wasn't that bad...

candibaby

ive gone from touch up to touch up without washing before.. wow that was bad.. lol

LEOLADYSW

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
When I was in high school, I once went from touch-up to touch-up without washing...that would be 2 months. What was I thinking? Out of all the abuse I did to my hair back then, it grew and was healthy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm feeling yah girl, cause back in the day, I did it too.

greAtness333

I feel dirty to say this and embarassed to say this but I will have not washed my hair for two months with these braids in. I use ORS Herbal Cleanser for my braids once a week and then rinse with water every other week. This is only because my hair in the back is so short that I don't want the braids to slip out (which some have already done). Then I have to put them back in.

victorious

Relaxed/4A/Fine/Thin/APL

Two weeks was always my max. I would always get my friend to braid or weave my hair because I refuse to spend a lot of money and then take it out two weeks.