What is the longest you can go without washing your hair?

3 weeks ,but I wear plaits under wigs.n I noticed after 2 weeks and about 2-3 days some braids start to get matted

I've gone 28 days without washing but it's hell for my scalp and I have zero and I mean zero energy.:nono: 7-14 days is best and since I began my LHHJ I've stuck to that. When my hair was in braids for 3 weeks a while ago I washed my hair every day for a week because I was swimming and I think my hair really liked it.:yep:

I think if I tried to push it past 4 days, I'd scratch my scalp off. I can't even understand how I used to go two weeks!

I use to go every to weeks but I'm accustomed to going very week so any days after that my hair is thinned out because the product and itchy

i try to make it to two weeks, but seldom pass 7 days. this weekend I washed my hair 3 days in a row. i couldn't get it right then I had an aha moment I NEEDED TO CHELATE POO MY HAIR. Hopefully I will not wash it again for 3 weeks.

I can go a couple of months but i choose not to for the health of my hair and the sake of everyone around me.

Loose Hair = Weekly

Braid Extensions/Weaves = 3-6 weeks Easy ...and whats weird is with that "dirty hair" my hair tends to shed less, be thicker, and retains better....but i hate doing it because i actually enjoy the feeling of fresh hair :ohwell:.....

LightEyedMami said:
Loose Hair = Weekly

Braid Extensions/Weaves = 3-6 weeks Easy ...and whats weird is with that "dirty hair" my hair tends to shed less, be thicker, and retains better....but i hate doing it because i actually enjoy the feeling of fresh hair :ohwell:.....

I have found that out as well

LexiDior said:
I can go a couple of months but i choose not to for the health of my hair and the sake of everyone around me.

When you did this was there a set back or did your hair just not agree with you?

Untill last month I waited 6-8 weeks because my hair was in twists. Only this month I have tried to wash my hair every 2 weeks with the twists in.

I did my hair on Friday or Saturday and it's already greasy at the scalp area. I will wash 1x when straightened/rollerset but when it's curly, I just wash whenever. At least twice a week I will shampoo my scalp, then cowash my length. THis seems to work great for my hair so that my scalp gets cleaned but length doesn't get super dry.

I used to wash 1x or 2x a week, but since recently stretching to 3 weeks I get much better retention (4a/b). My hair feels pretty terrible after washing compared to my "worn" hair lol.

10 days, then my hair gets like hay, no matter how much moisturizer I put on it. My scalp would love every 3 days, but I've realized hair doesn't like that much manipulation.

Back