What makes natural curls pop

When you leave your hair alone and just moisturize it and seal, it seems that you don't have to do anything else. Once you get into a routine of leaving it alone, then I think that helps alot.
This is so true! Once you learn to leave your curls undisturbed until dry this is the key. It took me a long time to realize this. One of my co-workers who is Caucasion and has long spirals kept telling me this and because I'm a 4A mixed with some 3 I didn't listen to her. On soaking wet hair I add a creamy conditioner and quickly blot with a towel and then some type of oil. After the hair is completely dry, I then style. If I need to style quickly I diffuse, then style. Everyone's hair is so different but mine likes cheap creamy conditioner over water better than Kinky-Curly Custard and Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding.

This is so true! Once you learn to leave your curls undisturbed until dry this is the key. It took me a long time to realize this. One of my co-workers who is Caucasion and has long spirals kept telling me this and because I'm a 4A mixed with some 3 I didn't listen to her. On soaking wet hair I add a creamy conditioner and quickly blot with a towel and then some type of oil. After the hair is completely dry, I then style. If I need to style quickly I diffuse, then style. Everyone's hair is so different but mine likes cheap creamy conditioner over water better than Kinky-Curly Custard and Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding.

I have since learned to do that as well. I just put a leave in condish in while in the shower, the I scrunch in a little Jane carter liquid gel, lightly diffuse and go. It really works:grin:

I have heard so many great things about the denman brush. You're the fiftieth person to say great things and now I just gotta know is it something I have to order or can I get it at a BSS? Thanks alot!
Lil'MissSunshine

I know I'm late responding (you probably already found the answer somewhere else) but the Denman brush can be purchased from Sally BSS, and it costs about $8. The price is worth it though (I started off using a knockoff version first but the Denman is sturdier and better made).

I was thinking about this yesterday when I washed my hair. I have always said that if I could find a leave in that is the same consistency as my DC but CLEAR, with the ability to moisturize, and for a reasonable price, my hair would be GORGEOUS!
Sadly, I haven't found that product yet

What made my natural curl more defined was RedKen Clear Moisture. I just tried this for the first time this past friday and OMG I LOVED IT. I will most definitely buy it again.

ooh I just bought some of this at the grocery store. off to try it with the wash today :grin:

Back