4ab natural --- what products make your curls pop?

TexturedTresses

My little cousin has beautiful 3c/4a/4b hair. However, she wants her hair to be straight because she thinks her curly hair is not beautiful. Plus she hates shrinkage. She is ten year old. What products do you use on your hair to make your curls pop after washing and condioning or just conditioning. Her hair is soft and easy to comb out while there is conditioner. Also her curls are pretty defined when wet with condtioner. She usually wears her hair braided becasue she thinks her hair loose is unnatractive. I want to show her the natural beauty of her hair. Of course it does not help that I am relaxed. :sad: I'm wondering if Blended Beauty Happy Nappy styles would work well on her hair. What is the name of the brush that everyone is always talking about. Thanks for any help you can give me.

ps, she lives with me so i take care of washing her hair. the only thing i don't do is braid it because I can't. :perplexed. My mom does the braiding.

Bigghair

I leave a bit of Vo5 in my hair and put Honeybush Tea Gel on it in big sections. I twist it up into about 10 or so twists but not all the way to the ends. Then I just let it air dry. After that I untwist and separate. Hope this helps.

TexturedTresses

Thanks for all of your response, more would be appreciated. Also, does the denman brush make your curls look nicer or just make it easy to detangle. Because her hair is already pretty easy to detangle.

michaela

Natural 4b
I use regular leave in conditioner and Shea Butter
The Denman works it really makes my curls pop but on the downside i get some shrinkage after the use of it...

Leeda.the.Paladin

If I comb my hair (or brush it with the denman) I lose my curl pattern. I know the denman works great for some people and I do use it occasionally for dentangling, but if I tried to style with it, it wouldn't work. Usually I just use my fingers.

What works best for me is leaving in a lot of conditioner or putting in a leave in right after I'm done washing, while my hair is dripping wet. And then I just wring it dry a few times, shake it a few times, and then smooth it back once more. That usually defines my curls really well.

Good luck with her hair! I hope ya'll find a solution.