What keeps you from getting longer hair?

What is the one thing that keeps you from longer hair?

• My hair only grows to a certain length then stops

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • My hair takes too long to reach the length I want

Votes: 28 16.4%
  • My ends break or my hair sheds before I get there

Votes: 107 62.6%
  • Some other reason

Votes: 27 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sxytia07

Breakage has always been an issue for me. I have it under control thanks to newfound hair knowledge and I'm retaining length finally!!! :) Back in high school i had a bout with Telogen Effluvium (which caused a great deal of shedding) and that was a huge problem. Thank God it was self healing!

*Michelle*

I can't stop cutting it cuz I want the latest greatest style...ugh! I can't help myself :(

I'm really trying to work on it though...it's just hard.

nozomi

^^

I have that problem too lol. I gotta hide the scissors from myself.

I guess the other issue I have is breakage from heat styling......need to hide that flat iron too.....

MsElise

I play in my hair way too much!

Being lazy and opting to go to the salon knowing full well they use too much heat but the blowouts control my roots while I'm transitioning.

Stress related shedding.

jendazzler

My hair is long, but my ends aren't great. I should trim my hair more but I don't want to lose any length so I am waiting until it is waistlength.

envybeauty

I love blunt ends so much. SO I keep trimming my hair. Was BSL with thin ends/grown out layers. Now back to APL with a VERY blunt cut.

trendsetta25

i thought i was cursed since ALL of the females in my family (i.e. mom, sisters, aunts, cousins) have long hair except me. I eventually excepted the fact that my hair couldnt grow past CBL so i cut it every summer and then wore a weave. Since joining LHCF (Dec 2008), i'm on a mission to prove that the theory of my hair growth is false!
My hair is currently between CBL and SL and i'm hoping to reach between APL and BSL by Dec 2009!

JinaRicci

i thought i was cursed since ALL of the females in my family (i.e. mom, sisters, aunts, cousins) have long hair except me. I eventually excepted the fact that my hair couldnt grow past CBL so i cut it every summer and then wore a weave. Since joining LHCF (Dec 2008), i'm on a mission to prove that the theory of my hair growth is false!
My hair is currently between CBL and SL and i'm hoping to reach between APL and BSL by Dec 2009!

Excellent! I believe that your mission will be successful!

CORBINS

I chose Some Other Reason.
I keep damaging my hair before or when I reach APL.
Between heat and relaxers. I know they're bad for my hair, but I can never keep away!

JinaRicci

I've learned so much from you ladies- thanks very much!!! I actually voted for my hair only grows to a certain length b/c it seems that there is a limit on how long my hair can grow. But I see most ppl talk about breakage or some other damage to their hair.

I will be pushing to see how long my hair really can grow and hope to share my journey with all of you- as soon as I actually do something with my fotki. :blush:

You've only got 24 hrs left- please vote!

naijamerican

I voted "some other reason" because I am my worst enemy when it comes to taking care of my hair. My hair is now in braids and it's been neglected to the point that I know for sure I will have to do a major cut when I take them out - and I'm actually okay with that. :yep: I have decided to lay off braiding for a while as it seems to be a major disincentive toward taking care of my real hair. :ohwell: Breakage is a problem, too, but would be easily remedied by incorporating more protein in my hair regimen. :yep:

chocolateD

Where should I begin. I have 4a hair and it needs so much moisture! If it doesn't get what it needs it breaks! About 4 years ago while in law school I decided to go natural. My hair grew but wasn't properly maintained because I knew nothing about caring for my hair. I would occasionally do a hot oil treatment or a dc. About a year later I relaxed it and it grew but always broke off because I would:

-relax my whole head instead of only NG
-get relaxers every month (smh @ myself)
-I would mistreat my hair (pulling, brushing, combing, or just nothing at all)
-Moisture/Protein Balance (what!!!)

The ladies of LHCF have turned my entire world around. I am a newbie as well, but the information that I have gained makes me care for my hair properly. Thx ladies!!!