What is the proper way to wash a weave?

cocoagirl

What is the proper way to wash your weave? I have micro's in the front and a sew-in in the middle. I will use a an applicator bottle filled with shampoo and water to wash the scalp in the area that is braided. But how do I go about washing the sew in portion of wet and wavy hair? Should I braid that whole area up into sections and to a light misting of shampoo? I heard that washing BSS hair is a no no so what are your experiences?

bumping for responses

I exercise and it's getting hot in the DMV so I need a good wash method.

What is the proper way to wash your weave? I have micro's in the front and a sew-in in the middle. I will use a an applicator bottle filled with shampoo and water to wash the scalp in the area that is braided. But how do I go about washing the sew in portion of wet and wavy hair? Should I braid that whole area up into sections and to a light misting of shampoo? I heard that washing BSS hair is a no no so what are your experiences?

That's what i do to get under my net. I wash my weave just like i do my hair except since i dont really use product on it i just co-wash applying the conditioner while i'm smoothing down...only thing is i have virgin hair... depending on the brand of wet and wavy hair you have it might not act up too too bad:ohwell: if its not one of the "higher" end brands once you wet it that coating they put on the hair is gone and that hair will start actin up something wicked

Back