What is the biggest hair myth your Mama ever told?

tekmommie said:
My mom believed in washing my hair at least twice a week. She was right on with that. However she was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off when she said "Burn that hair out that brush, because if you throw it away and a bird gets you will be bald for the rest of your days"
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Luv u Ma
kiss.gif

Oh yes my Mom believed in burning the shed hair

And growing hands...lol...to some extent I believe that.
trampoline.gif
[/quote]

Alot of people in my neighborhood used to believe that because the word got out that I had growing hands and I had dozens of ppl coming to me to braid their hair

That my perms didn't "last" because I didn't take care of my hair.

The "not lasting" that she was speaking of? NEW GROWTH.:perplexed

Bless her heart, she just didn't know any better.:ohwell:

Pregnant people have growing hands (only whilst they were pregnant of course)
If you wash your hair too often you'll wash out the relaxer (which was later a justification for combing the relaxer all the way through my hair)
Your hair gets used to a particular strength of relaxer so if your new growth comes in quickly you have to start using a stronger brand (she was using super relaxers on my hair before I was 12)

The list goes on and there I was thinking these crazy hair myths were a weird jamaican thing

MsKendra said:
when someone finishes your hair your not supposed to say thank you or your hair will not grow/fall out.....instead you should say more hair :lol:

OMG..My mom used to say this when I was little. She would comb my hair..make plaits..and then finish off with "more hair" ..and I repeated it..EVERY TIME LOL

Back