Jacked Up Hair or Healthy Hair-What do you see?

I see loads of healthy heads of fake hair (weaves, braids, wigs, etc.) on black and white women. Seems like everyone here has some sort of added hair in their head, even if it's just a few tracks.

I just moved to Europe and I gotta say that I notice a lot more jacked up heads here than I did in Trinidad. Sometimes I wish I could help them out...

I see a lot of jacked up AA heads on the street or on the train.

When I go out to restaurants, lounges, clubs etc, I see more healthy heads.

In college and in law school, most of the AA girls had healthy hair.

I'm starting to believe there's a correlation between AA w/ health hair and class and/or socioeconomic status.

In my observations, girls in what would be described as the "hood" were more likely to have jacked up hair than not.

One thanks was not enough because I totally and completely agree with this. :yep: I've been thinking this for the past several months. My friends at school have great looking hair, regardless of its state (natural or relaxed). But those that live in the neighboring area do not, by any stretch of the imagination, have good looking hair. Even the braids and weaves (especially the weaves :nono:) can be a hot mess. :ohwell:

I live in NY and I see a lot of weave free, healthy, long haired girls. The jacked up hair still outnumbers healthy hair, but you wouldn't be hard pressed to find a beautiful head of hair in Brooklyn.

There are a lot of sisters around my neck of the woods that need help:pullhair:, I find myself hair watching especially in stores. I want to run to them with a arm load of deep conditioner and say :superman: "Just take it......please!!!!" ......I wish someone had given me some years ago.

I think the issue with the Chris Rock movie is that the movie is doing more to open black women up for ridicule AGAIN than it is to help educate black women on how to take better care of their hair.

Amen, Amen, and Amen again!!! This is how I feel too.

Back