What is the best method of drying hair to gain and retain length?

What is the best method of drying hair?

• Air dry

Votes: 69 51.9%
  • Blow dry

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Rollersetting w/heat

Votes: 47 35.3%
  • Rollersetting w/out heat

Votes: 11 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charmtreese

For me rollersetting under heat is the BEST drying method. I have tried both blow frying and air dieing with not so good results. :look:

prospurr4

Well, it depends on how long it's been since my last relaxer. I relax every 8 weeks, so for the first 4 weeks, I airdry in a rollerset to straighten. For the last 4, I airdry in 12 twists w/roller on ends and wear more textured styles. I usually avoid all heat, except the bonnet dryer set on LOW for rollersets. My hair is thriving as a result.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Silkii_locks!! Your hair looks fantastic! Good job!!!

I voted airdry, it's saved my hair :yep:

Isis

ITA, only I don't have time to rollerset with each wash...soooooo, this afternoon after my co-wash, I detangled under the water, then applied coconut oil, smoothed my hair down with my Denman, tied a scarf on it, rolled the ends up with 4 rollers, and BAM! After a few minutes (less than 30) under the dryer and a few hours in the rollers while I got other stuff done around the house, my hair looks GREAT! Smooth, the ends look nice as if I had rollerset my entire head. THANK YOU SYLVER2!!!
This is what I've been for a year or so now , except I airdry overnight this way. Works just as well and doesn't take as much time. :yep: It's also perfect for keeping ng smooth and flat for stretching.

natural_one

I have done airdrying and rollersetting w/ heat. Me personally I like rollersetting w/ heat the best. I rollerset on Sun and pincurl all week, so I only use heat once a week. My hair looks and feels so much better. :grin:

Lady Esquire

I airdry with a scarf, Sylver's method, most of the time lately because I am pregnant and its low maintenance.

I also rollerset with or without heat when I want a more coifed look, or when my new growth is susceptible to tangling in the later weeks of a stretch.

I prefer rollersetting cause its just as healthy, and you still look like your hair is "done".

lana

I just air dryed for the second time in my hair journey and it turned out well! I lost way less hair detangling with my jilbere shower comb. :yep:

But the only thing is once I air dryed and then flat ironed with my Sedu on low heat and wrapped, the next day I still lost hair when I combed it down (with the jilbere) and yes, I was gentle. So what gives? Can one of you please PM me or respond here?

I'm really going to try air drying from now on, but what am I doing wrong? :wallbash:

InnerSoul

I air dry!! it keeps my ends moisturized longer.

I basically air dry with leave ins in a bantu knots style... and the next day I remove my scarf and I have nice curls.

Blessed_Angel

I like rollersetting with heat, but I like it without as well. Depending on how busy I am. I try not to blow dry my hair if I don't have to.

diamondlady

Lately I've been air drying. Sometimes in braids and sometimes in a rollerset. I'm trying a personal "no heat" challenge.