What Heat Protector do you use?

AwesomelyNappy

would oil (such as coconut oil or olive oil) qualify?

Would any and all serums qualify as a heat protector?

And finally, my main question is, what do YOU use as a heat protectant (if you use heat at all)?

I just bought myself some Aussie Sydney Smooth heat protector + leave in conditioner spray. I only used it once, but so far I like it.

bellesocialite

V05 Miracle Mist
I use this. I have no complaints. I am looking into using one from the Chi line.

I wouldn't think serums count as heat protectors. I could be wrong but heat protector have cones and other properties to shield the hair from heat that regular serums and oils don't have.

malibu4590

I use Nexxus Heat Protexx as a heat protectant. I like because it has a lot of good ingredients such as hydrolyzed silk, bioten, panthenol, and avocado oil.

I don't think oils by themselves (castor or coconut, for example) qualify as heat protectants because I would assume they have the potential to scorch and, in turn, burn your hair if you use a flat iron or hot curlers.

Good luck finding a good one!

KhandiB

Serums do count as protectors :)

I use them too sometimes

I use this. I have no complaints. I am looking into using one from the Chi line.

I wouldn't think serums count as heat protectors. I could be wrong but heat protector have cones and other properties to shield the hair from heat that regular serums and oils don't have.

Diya

I use Nexxus Heat Protexx as a heat protectant. I like because it has a lot of good ingredients such as hydrolyzed silk, bioten, panthenol, and avocado oil.

I don't think oils by themselves (castor or coconut, for example) qualify as heat protectants because I would assume they have the potential to scorch and, in turn, burn your hair if you use a flat iron or hot curlers.

Good luck finding a good one!

Can you buy this in regular stores where other nexxus products are sold (walmart, walgreens, etc.) or is it a salon/beauty store only product?

AwesomelyNappy

ooohh Nexxus. I didn't even think to look at Nexxus products for a heat protectant. Next time i'm somewhere that sells it, i'll look into it because the ingredients you named sounds good!

malibu4590

Can you buy this in regular stores where other nexxus products are sold (walmart, walgreens, etc.) or is it a salon/beauty store only product?

Yeah girl! I bought mine from Target. Anywhere is good though...Rite Aid, walgreens, local BSS. I find that it's cheaper at Target. It was $11.99 and I've had it since earlier this year with more than half left.

MissFallon

I usually use the Chi Silk infusion but Saturday at the salon they used Aveda Finishing Gloss and it came out even better than the CHI

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I really love Silk Elements MegaSilk Heat Protection Spray. I don't know how it works with direct heat, but I've used it to smooth out roller sets under the dryer, and it makes my hair so shiny, I often use it lieu of a serum. Although it feels like oil, it doesn't contain any, so it doesn’t weigh my hair down, just imparts glisten and shine. It smells really nice, too. :yep:

betty-boo

Hmmm Legend I think I should look this Silk Elements up! I use fantasia IC if I use the hooded dryer with my rollersets.
But I found that John Frieda Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum is perfect for blowdrying! I have a T3 tourmaline blowdryer that is very gentle and this serum works perfectly with it.
My hair was protected and smooth and soft.

Soliel185

I like the Tressamme one - it comes in a black bottle with a red pump. I only use serum on the final pass on the very top layer for shine, and sometimes a little on my ends. I wouldn't use oil - just b/c you use oil for cooking b/c it's a heat conductor - it holds heat in.

stargazer613

Tressemme and Phytodefrisant (prior to blowdrying)
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Serum (prior to flat ironing---concentrating on my ends)

Kari107

I mainly use chi silk infusion but last time I flat ironed I used aveda's smoothing fluid. I got a free sample from them so I gave it a try it was very light.

InnerSoul

I use Chi Silk Infusion whenever I use my ceramic curling iron... and it is a great heat protectant more so than any oil I have used(b/c on my hair the oil made the hair more damaged with heat..well for me anyways):yep:

northernbelle

I use Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. I apply a small amount to the ends, and what ever remains on my hands I run through the roots.

♦K.O♦

Oils FRY the hair.

I LOVE:

Fantasia IC Heat Protectant
Nexxus Heat Protexx
Ion Straight Frizz Solutions Flat Iron Spray

mzhotniz86

thanks so much for this thread. i get so tired of having to flippn search through all the threads to just to see who is using what heat protectant and how :grin: . i use the ic protectant spray in the pink bottle, for blowdrying, but i dont like it :nono: im trying to find a good one for when i buy my flat iron so i wont have heat damage