What Heat Protectant Are You Ladies Using Now?

Lady Esquire

In over 2 years, I have only flat-ironed my hair a few times, partly because I have an inferior quality iron, and my technique is not that great.

Now that I'm confident w/my rollersets, I'm going to purchase a quality flat iron soon, to straighten my roots later in my stretch.

The only heat protectant I have ever used was the Bed Head brand in the orange bottle (not impressed), and some Chi Silk Infusion (so so results).

What heat protectant do you ladies use to get the silkiest and bounciest results? I did a search and was unsuccessful.

Edit: I found this previous thread by accident: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=68955&page=8

Last edited:

clever

Nexxus Heat Protexx-Best for me when I rollerset and lightly flat iron.It's very light and has a nice scent but I don't think it portects my hair from higher temp's.

Ceramic Silk-The best so far.It's not as light but its protects my hair from heat damage.:yep:

Lady Esquire

Fantasia IC in the pink bottle.

Oh yeah. I forgot about this. I have this now, and have not used it in forever...it was okay but back then I used to be soooo heavy-handed. Maybe I should revisit it again.

And now that I think about it, I also have some John Frieda left that I may reuse.

I am looking for something to give lighter results though.

chicacanella

In over 2 years, I have only flat-ironed my hair a few times, partly because I have an inferior quality iron, and my technique is not that great.

Now that I'm confident w/my rollersets, I'm going to purchase a quality flat iron soon, to straighten my roots later in my stretch.

The only heat protectant I have ever used was the Bed Head brand in the orange bottle (not impressed), and some Chi Silk Infusion (so so results).

What heat protectant do you ladies use to get the silkiest and bounciest results? I did a search and was unsuccessful.

I straightened my hair back in November I used Nexxus Heat Protex and it always gives my mom beautiful results.

LiLi

Kerastase Ciment Therimque :grin::grin::grin::grin:... I used to only use CHI Silk Infusion when I flat-ironed. Then Ballet Bun put me on to the Kerastase Ciment Thermique and I am 100% happy with it. Not only does it protect, but it is a reconstructing treatment.

malibu4590

Nexxus Heat Protexx without any other product on clean hair -- not even a leave in -- makes for a silky, bouncy flat-ironing experience.

Tenacious

Sorry ladies, but Nexxus Heat Protect is a RIP OFF if you haven't tried Tresemmé Heat Spray Protector. Its essentially the same ingredients. Even down to the Biotin it contains. I've recommended this to a lady in my line (when I was a cashier). She was going to pay $14 for it. I told her that the Tresemmé version costs $4. She was estatic!

I spray my hair with this and wrap with a warm towel. Then I blow out my hair when its 60-70% dry.

Also, has anyone else blown out their hair with a denman? Its awesome...just so you know!

chicacanella

Sorry ladies, but Nexxus Heat Protect is a RIP OFF if you haven't tried Tresemmé Heat Spray Protector. Its essentially the same ingredients. Even down to the Biotin it contains. I've recommended this to a lady in my line (when I was a cashier). She was going to pay $14 for it. I told her that the Tresemmé version costs $4. She was estatic!

I spray my hair with this and wrap with a warm towel. Then I blow out my hair when its 60-70% dry.

Also, has anyone else blown out their hair with a denman? Its awesome...just so you know!

Are you serious? I would've never thought about using Tresemme instead of Nexxus as far as Heat Protectants go.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to try it when my Nexxus Heat Protexx runs out.

Thanks again.:grin:

PinkAngel

I've heard this before, as well as VO5 Heat Protection Spray being the same as well.

ETA: I think the VO5 spray is called Miracle Mist.

Last edited:

NYCQT16

Natural Again
Besides getting shiny, smooth hair how do you know the heat protectant is really protecting your hair from the heat? I've been wondering about this forever