How do you apply/use your heat protectant?

outspokenwallflower

For example, some people 1) apply the heat protectant over the whole head of hair while its damp, then air dry and proceed with their heat styling of choice...some do 1), then 2) they apply the heat protectant to each section they are heat styling...or some will do 1) then, say, blowdry...and apply heat protectant over the whole head of hair all over again before maybe flat ironing, etc...

So what do you do? I've always been curious about the most effective way to use my heat protectants WITHOUT weighing my hair down...

Also, how would you apply these?:

Fantasia IC Spray/Serum (color bottle of choice)
CHI Silk Infusion
Redken Heat Glide
Mizani Thermasmooth strengthening serum **id especially like to know how to use this**
Biosilk Silk Therapy
Any others I havent mentioned

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I use all heat protectants the same. It goes like this:

Wash, dc, apply leave in on wet hair, top with heat protectant, flatiron or blowdry. The end.

:lol:

shtow

wash, dc, apply leave in and heat protectant, dry under pibbs 10 mins, blow dry, flat iron.

theprototype

i airdry. once dry, i divide my hair into four sections, apply heat protectant to each section, then flat iron.

outspokenwallflower

Thanks guys :grin: I used to use a heat protectant before hair drying, then blowdry, then use a heat protectant again on each section that i flat ironed but that seemed to lessed the 'swang' of my hair after a bit, lol...Ive been applying it after using my leave-in and its been real effective, but I was curious to see what else everyone did as well.:drunk: