What do you use to oil your scalp?

foxybronx

I am thinking about oiling my scalp, I don't really have dry scalp so i am doing it moreso for growth. Any suggestions? I have rosemary, peppermint, and castor oil so far.

Paris Belle

That sounds good. You can combine them (check the recipe board for some recipes) or you can mix it with shea butter or other EO's for more help.

Check my three threads there in the recipe board.

Kaela

I had tried castor oil on my scalp and it gave me bad itchies, so I couldn't tell you if that works or not. Although I don't particularly oil my scalp, the only oil I let touch my scalp is 100% pure jojoba oil. This is a good one because it soaks right in and doesn't clog pores. Its a good carrier oil too for your EOs.

foxybronx

Thanks carmenrose,
I am heading over there right now! Knowing me i probably have most the ingredients anyway during the pj binges!

foxybronx

Thanks kaela,
I do have some good jojoba oil from emporium naturals. Was the itches "growth itchies" or allergic reaction itches?

Allandra, thanks for your response. My scalp is pretty oily too, I am just trying to get some good growth

Kaela

I'm pretty sure it was allergic reaction itchies because it was red and inflammation and that happened pretty quickly. That surprised me that happened, but I have a very sensitive skin and scalp. So I have been using the rest of my castor oil on my ends as a preshampoo treatment sometimes. I'm probably one of the only few that had issues with it.

Adrian3bc

Nothing. I'm one of those "clear pore people". I notice that although I only oil my hair when it is time for a wash and I rub my scalp oily gunk( gross) is under my nails. My reasoning is the fact that only because of our hair texture do we need to add oil to the hair b/c it does spread down the shaft properly.

Brownie

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
foxybronx said:
I am thinking about oiling my scalp, I don't really have dry scalp so i am doing it moreso for growth. Any suggestions? I have rosemary, peppermint, and castor oil so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use this same combo, but I also add wheatgerm oil, which is a natural form of vitamin E. It also makes the castor oil less thick. Sometimes I also add like a hot 6 oil to the mixture to thin it out a little more. I like Africa's best oil because it's really light.

foxybronx

Kaela, Sorry to hear about your allergic reaction I am glad there wasn't any damage done.
Adrian thanks for you imput, I have only had gunk on my scalp when i used wildgro oil on it. We do have a naturally oily scalp.
Thanks for the compliment Lita

Karonica

Castor oil, or Hot 6 Oil, or Profectiv products, or Motions Oil moisturizer, or TCB hair and scalp conditioner. Depending on what kinda mood I'm in.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I use my oil mixture (aloe vera, carrot, coconut, jojoba, olive, &amp; tee tree). I use it if my scalp is dry and itchy or I use it to massage my scalp occasionally. I also use WGO but mainly on my hair.

reformatio

Revenge of the Sith
I would suggest something light, such as jojoba oil. It has been said that it has a similar consistency to the oil our skin/scalp normally produces.

dreemssold

I put an oil blend my friend made for me on each of my fingertips before and duringmy scalp massages. I know the base is half olive oil, half jojoba but I don't know what else she put in there...it smells great though, which is why I use that one for my scalp.

Britt

Megacare Shea butter oil smells real good, its only $1.99 too and can be found in most NYC bss.

jellynote

During the week I use WGO, Castor Oil and Coconut Oil, but on my wash days I use my special mixture with rosemary, meadowfoam, alma oils and other oils.

Peachtree

Rosemary &amp; peppermint, mixed in castor, jojoba, grapeseed, or whatever I have on hand. I oil my scalp in prep for a scalp massage...it feels sooo good!

SouthernGirl

Hey Foxy,

I use WGO and it really helps for growth. When my hair is down I put it on my hair and scalp b/c it's not too heavy. When my hair is in a bun or ponytail, I started greasing it again with African Pride Miracle Grow.

Both products have the oils you mentioned earlier (jojoba, rosemary, coconut, etc., but I think African Pride contains mineral oil and /or petroleum (which I know is a no-no).
SG