What do you use for setting lotion?

tryingto

Lottabody, leaves my hair hard, diluted and undiluted,what do you ladies use to get a soft set, :confused: I finally did a decent roller set, without the rollers flopping around, however, now I need something to set with, any ideas, and does keeping the hair sopping wet help any?:look:

tryingto

I have tried just water, however the set doesn't last, thanks for the wrap and tap suggestion, Dlewis your hair is gorgeous, love the thickeness, and shine, and length, well you get the idea,

deltagyrl

Did a roller set last night using Dominican products and my hair was SO soft. I used Lottabody and my hair was kinda hard too...

Is there a Dominican setting lotion out there?:confused:

atlien11

I use Giovanni Direct Leave-in. Its a creamy texture and it never leaves my hair hard. Its conditioning, doesnt contain any alcohols, and has a lot of "hair healthy" ingredients :grin: . The curls last at least 3 days...unless its very humid outside :ohwell: I heard aloe vera gel works well too!

tryingto

Thanks ladies, I tried, ORS foam setting lotion this weekend, although it did not foam:ohwell: , it left my hair a little crisp but not like the lottabody, may try it again,

vickyd

Setting lotions that I have used in the past are: Keracare setting lotion (diluted with water); Lacio Lacio (creamy dominican product)and Salerm 21 (product from Spain) and I have gotten good results with these products.

I have also used leave-ins as setting lotions but you have to be careful with using too much: Infusium 23 and IC Fantasia (brown bottle)

I have used Lottabody long ago, but never full strength always diluted maybe 5 parts water to one part setting lotion.

Hope this helps

Vickyd

edited to correct spelling

Isis

So far, I've only used leave-ins and water when setting my hair, such as Nexxus Headdress and Biolage Leave-in hair tonic. I do have Lottabody but I don't use it for rollersetting.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
atlien11 said:
I use Giovanni Direct Leave-in. Its a creamy texture and it never leaves my hair hard. Its conditioning, doesnt contain any alcohols, and has a lot of "hair healthy" ingredients :grin: . The curls last at least 3 days...unless its very humid outside :ohwell: I heard aloe vera gel works well too!
I use this as well and I love it..I actually love their whole line

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I use the Lottabody at home and I love it! Leaves my hair soft and bouncy, not crispy at all! Just ordered 2 bottles. I use it for roller sets and braidouts.

I've used plain water as well, but prefer the Lottabody.

Doll

I've had pretty nice roller setting results with the NTM Silk Touch Leave-in. The curls lasted a couple of days and my hair was soft, but not mushy.

miracle

I use Razac Perfect For Perms Leave-In as my setting agent. Always gives me a full, soft set and the curls last for at least a week.

Namilani

KeraCare foam wrap lotion is great! But "OTC": Perm Repair Setting Lotion (after co-washes, anyway), Motions foam wrap, and the ready-made Lottabody was good...

Angelicus

Years ago, I used to use Motions Nourish, then Salerm 21. Now I use Lacio Lacio every single time. I don't use "setting lotions" because I hate mixing. I used to love the result that they gave me (I always diluted 1 part setting lotion to 4 parts water).