What do YOU use 2 moisturize your hair/ends?

KinksnCurlz

I seem to have forgotten the importance of keeping my ends moisturized on a daily basis. By no means r my ends brittle, they just look...ummm... not a sleek as the rest of my hair
hey, i don't want to upset my hair by talking bad about it.

I would like something that is not too oily (more creamy) that can be used every day since i plan on incorporated CO washes and air drying my hair (YIKES!) every other day. I do plan on continuing keeping my hair in my protective style (bun). Any suggestions would b greatly appreciated. THANKS

BTW, i am no longer interested in s-curl. It's not for me anymore.

inthepink

I use a couple of different things depending on my mood.

ORS Carrot Oil (cream)
Proclaim Coconut Oil (like vaseline)
Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I'm a Vaseline convert!
For something less oily, you may want to check out Elasta QP Mango Butter, Elasta QP Recovery or Salerm 21.

pookeylou

Being natural...my hair needs WATER to be moisturized...so if I go without no-pooing for a day...I just spritz with my own distilled water, lavender, rosemary oil, glycerin blend.

KinksnCurlz

Hmmm, i ran out of mango butter and i don't think i was really feeling it for my hair but it worked really good on my daughter's tho

ArmyQT - I always wanted to try the profective line, is the product you mentioned for daily use? Is it creamy or oily? Is it heavy or lite?

Pooky - tell me how you come about your concoction? How do you get distilled water (
) i know i should know... and glycerin blend?

Hairlove - is proclaim coconut oil greasy? Would it work well on my ends? Is it thick? What about the carrot oil? is it lite?

Sassy - Is the qp recovery creamy or oily? Is it a daily leave in?

DCPR Diva - Do u LOVE the Pantene R&N daily leave-in?

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
ArmyQT - I always wanted to try the profective line, is the product you mentioned for daily use? Is it creamy or oily? Is it heavy or lite?

[/ QUOTE ]

This particular one is heavy and creamy. It's great for moisturizing the ends especially if you're wearing your hair up. I've never tried profectiv healthy ends, but that may work also. I especially like the megaggrowth after my hair is airdried and kinda poofy frizzy. It gives it the shine and moisture it needs.

pookeylou

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:

Pooky - tell me how you come about your concoction? How do you get distilled water (
) i know i should know... and glycerin blend?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Rosemary Oil blend is @ www.fromnaturawithlove.com
The mix up all the oils for you that are known to promote hair growth and strength. Glycerin is a hummectant that draws moisture in from the air into your skin or hair...I got mine from Walgreens...next to the lotions. Distilled water...you can get that at any Grocery store, Walmart, K-mart...it is right next to the gallon jugs of spring water. Since I drink a lot of water...we have one of those water coolers with the 5 gallon jug turned upside down on it...we order 10 5 gallon jugs every 45 days or so...

After I put in 5 tblspoons of Rosemary Oil Blend, tablespoon of glycerin, tablespoon of water soluable Lavender oil in a spriz bottle (I think it is a 12 oz bottle), I fill the rest of the spriz bottle with distilled water. Shake and spray. The oil will seperate...so I have to shake it each time I use it.

My hair looks shiny and is incredibly soft...never crunchy or brittle.

Toni

I agree with Armyqt. I really like the Megagrowth from Profectiv. It is heavy and creamy and good for my ends. I been wanting to try the mango butter though. Also the megagrowth doesn't contain mineral oil if that is a concern.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Armyqt,

The profectiv Megagrowth is pretty much identical to the Healthy Ends (except for the color of course)

AngelaP

I use Profectiv Break-free on my ends and seal it with safflower oil. Safflower oil is one of my favorite oils. I always use it on my wraps to add shine.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Recovery is a lotion-y daily leave-in. I liked it on my relaxed hair. IMO, it works best when it's applied to slightly damp hair. When I applied it to bone dry hair it just sat there and got stiff.

Ingredients:

Chamomile Recuita (Matricaria) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle Extract), Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint), Leaf Oil,
Tussilago Farfars (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Euisetum Arvense Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosmary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract in Purified Water/Aqua, Mineral Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hexadecanol, Cetereth-20, Dimethicone, Capric Caprylic Triglycerides (Coconut Oil), Glyceryl Stereate, PEG 100 Stereate, Steareth-10, Guar Hydropropyltrimonium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Fragrance

Allandra

Here's my list:

Moisturizers
· Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk
· Carol’s Daughter Some of Marguerite’s Magic
· Kiehl's Crème with Silk Groom

Leave-Ins:
· Kiehl’s Leave-In Conditioner
· L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Taming Crème

Serum:
· Smooth ‘N Shine Instant Repair Hair Polisher

ElizaBlue

I have been using the Profective also with good results, however I was wondering because both the Profecive Mega (yellow) and the Hair Strengther (pink) have "soybean oil" listed as one of the main ingredients. I remember on one forum we discussed the problem with soy as being both a hair remover and being able to support hair growth. Was there ever a determination on which was which?

Victorian

old head
I would recommend a profectiv product as well. I like the Healthy Ends, but imho it's a little greasier than something like Break Free. I use HE when my ends are damp, never on completely dry hair (it kinda just sits there when I do that).

Now, another product that I actually would recommend a little more than the profectiv, is what I've been using recently, Secret Weapon, from John Frieda's Frizz Ease line (the original, not the Relax line, although that mosturizer isn't too shabby either). I just went out and bought another tube last weekend because I'm running low. This is one of my favorite daily moisturizers because it is light, but effective. Most of my other moisturizers work well (a couple profectiv creams and the profectiv mega moisturizer) but I very rarely use them more than every other day because they are fairly heavy. I can use the SW every day and it leaves my hair moisturized and also really smooth. I just put some in as a matter of fact

katie

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
I would recommend a profectiv product as well. I like the Healthy Ends, but imho it's a little greasier than something like Break Free. I use HE when my ends are damp, never on completely dry hair (it kinda just sits there when I do that).

Now, another product that I actually would recommend a little more than the profectiv, is what I've been using recently, Secret Weapon, from John Frieda's Frizz Ease line (the original, not the Relax line, although that mosturizer isn't too shabby either). I just went out and bought another tube last weekend because I'm running low. This is one of my favorite daily moisturizers because it is light, but effective. Most of my other moisturizers work well (a couple profectiv creams and the profectiv mega moisturizer) but I very rarely use them more than every other day because they are fairly heavy. I can use the SW every day and it leaves my hair moisturized and also really smooth. I just put some in as a matter of fact

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I may have to try the Secret Weapon thing.Thanks for sharing.

lunalight7

I like one of the following depending upon my mood and the weather:

Aubrey Organics Hair Moisturizing Jelly (cold weather)
Razac Leave-In
Nexxus Headdress
Giovani Direct Leave-In (warm weather)

sealed w/Hot 6 Oil, Keracare Essential oils, or (my new fave) pure unrefined coconut oil

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Armyqt,

The profectiv Megagrowth is pretty much identical to the Healthy Ends (except for the color of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, thanks. I've noticed that many of their products are quite similar