Need a good moisturizer for my ends

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I'm looking for a good moisturizer for my ends. They have become a bit dry and brittle, and I'm about to trim today to get rid of them. I'll be wearing my hair straight for a while because I've come to realize that I don't always like wearing my hair curly. For a while, I've washed my hair and let it airdry, keeping it curly. Now, I'm realizing how much I miss having my hair straight. I won't be relaxing or anything like that, just probably blow drying and wrapping my hair at night. So, I need a good moisturizer that won't weigh my hair down and that won't cause my ends to get frizzy like a lot of water-based moisturizers tend to do to my hair. Do you ladies have any suggestions? They are greatly appreciated!!!

lilsparkle825

Since you're natural, I will recommend coconut oil or olive oil. They will moisturize your ends without making your hair revert. All I can use is EVCO when my hair is pressed.

As a side note, what products will you be putting in your hair before and after blow drying?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Since you're natural, I will recommend coconut oil or olive oil. They will moisturize your ends without making your hair revert. All I can use is EVCO when my hair is pressed.

As a side note, what products will you be putting in your hair before and after blow drying?
Oh, I'm not natural. I just haven't had a relaxer since Sept '09. I don't plan on gettting any more relaxers, but I don't plan on intentionally transitioning either. Just taking another break from the chemicals. As of right now, when I blowdry, I use a leave-in creme (HE LTR), apply a little Fantasia IC Heat Protectant serum before blowdrying, and a little GVP Silk Remedy halfway through the blowdrying process. At night, I use EQP Recovery Oil Moisturizer. It's a good moisturizer, just found that it either has a tendency to weigh my hair down, or I'm heavy handed and use too much product.

So, you just use a little EVCO or EVOO on your ends. Does it make it oily?

MsChelle

I use JBCO and EVCO mixed together on my ends. It keeps them in pretty good shape. I am trying to thicken them up. JBCO is said to help with that.

I also am a fan of Some of Margerite's Magic by Carol's Daughter. I am not a fan of her products but that is a pretty good one. The only one that I actually use. It keeps my hairline, nape and ends moist.

Last edited: