What do you think of little boys with long hair?

LongCurlyLocks

@AmiJay, I think she is merely responding to the wishes of her child; she doesn't seem to me to be the type to do it if the boy didn't want it. Boys, and men, are notoriously lazy when it comes to this sort of upkeep, but they certainly enjoy the benefits they reap from it, and if someone steps in who is willing to do the work, they will gladly allow it for as long as it suits their interests. This applies whether it involves doing housework, cooking meals, paying the bills, or someone doing their hair. The boy is obviously getting some benefit from having a nice head of hair, and as long as his mom likes doing it (I don't think anyone here would call what she does "creepy" if this was a girl child), he seems cool with it. In that light, I say live and let live; if she wants to play Barbie with her kid, who am I to say she shouldn't, as long as the kid's OK with it. :ohwell:

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LongCurlyLocks

He looks like a girl. I think that he will resent her for it.:ohwell: I think he she is living her life through his hair.:nono:

Not trying to be funny but are you a psychologist? How can you say he's going to resent her for him having his hair long? Really?

LongCurlyLocks

Unfortunately, kids are parent/people pleasers, so he probably doesn't know how to speak up. Or, he doesn't want to hurt his mother's feelings, because she gets so much joy from his hair. Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Not all kids. Some will tell you straight up. I've seen/been around more outspoken kids. Not disrespectful bit definitely let you know what's up. But ok...