Scalp Massages- How long?

faithVA

I'm going to stick with 2 minutes. I have to keep a time frame I will really commit to. I may do it longer than 2 minutes on wash day but during the week its 2 minutes.

Naturelie

How long do you massage your scalp for? I normally just do two minutes, but I was watching a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj6awoq2un0) on YT, and the lady said she has no problem doing it for 1/2 an hour. That's a little too long for me. What say you?

I'm in a personal scalp massage challenge for four months (september-december 2013) and would to know if some of you have noticed a significant improvement in hair growth by massaging on a daily basis?

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I massage if I put sulfur oil on my scalp. I can only go for 1-2 minutes as well before my fingers start to ache. I think that should be enough.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I've noticed growth but I'm been scalp massaging for about 3 or 4 years. The more consistent I am, the more growth I feel is generated. It's definitely not one of those things that you can do for a few weeks and then stop. Unfortunately, it's one you must be committed to doing for the long haul. Naturelie

BeautyBlvd

Beauty Blvd.
Significant? I wouldn't say that but I like to think it keeps my scalp happy, especially when I use an oil like coconut oil to do the scalp massage. If you use a different oil (say JBCO) you might get more significant hair growth with the scalp massage.

GreenBloodyShoe

I do it until I have used up all of the oil I poured out so like 15-20 minutes plus.
I currently use only Hazelnut Oil.

Last edited:

KinkyRN

I massage until I feel warmth in my scalp. I guess this means increased blood flow to my scalp.

snookes

How long do you massage your scalp for? I normally just do two minutes, but I was watching a video () on YT, and the lady said she has no problem doing it for 1/2 an hour. That's a little too long for me. What say you?
I do them through out the day when I remember, it can be from anywhere between 1-2.5 hours if you combine. I absolutely love it it's soooo relaxing I love it. Haven't noticed any increase in growth though but it sure feels good.