• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PPGbubbles

I have a pink turbie twist towel.

I *heart* that thing

ETA: I am 4 a/b

and the towel was like 4.99 at rite-aid

BayAreaDream

I just use an old T-Shirt for now, it helps reduce frizz. I have been wanting to get a Turbie Twist for some time now. Thanks PPGBubbles ill check out rite aid for it. Newly Natural 4a/b

Last edited:

leiah

I give my hair 1 good squeeze with a regular towel to get out excess water, then air dry. I don't get any frizz I'm careful to just squeeze and pull downwards, not move the towel around

MochaMooch

I squeeze out excess water and gently pat dry with a normal towel just to stop the dripping then let my hair air dry. I don't have any frizz from doing this.

faithVA

I use a tshirt and a shamwow. I put the tshirt on for about 5 minutes to get the outer drips. And then I take down each section and wrap the shamwow around it and get out the remainder of the water. I can then comfortably style my hair with no drips. And it has greatly reduced my drying time.

My hair is super curly at the ends and my hair gets caught in towels, turbies and
microfiber.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
I can't stand dripping wet hair while I'm trying to lotion up after a shower. I simply wrap a small towel around my hair or pat it until it stops dripping then just let the towel rest on my shoulder to catch any extra drips. I really would like a micro fiber towel but I think I'll try a t-shirt next instead.
I never ever rub my hair with the towel just a gentle pat or squeeze.

aniyashair

I use a tshirt and a shamwow. I put the tshirt on for about 5 minutes to get the outer drips. And then I take down each section and wrap the shamwow around it and get out the remainder of the water. I can then comfortably style my hair with no drips. And it has greatly reduced my drying time.

My hair is super curly at the ends and my hair gets caught in towels, turbies and
microfiber.

interesting I might need to try that. Thanks!

faithVA

interesting I might need to try that. Thanks!

If you check the Dollar Tree, they have the generic version for $1. They are smaller but they work. I am going to try one of the bigger ones to wrap around my head to replace the t-shirt.

Fhrizzball

microfiber towels dries my hair way too fast. I use to use the dirty shirt after I take a shower. Now I wring out the excess and band my hair in one big ponytail and then tie a satin scarf over. I do my hair last so it takes awhile before I get to my hair. This way my hair slighty stretches and is still damp enough to manipulate.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I retain better moisture if I don't dry the drippies before applying my leave-ins, so I vote nothing.

Mandy4610

I squeeze excess water with a regular towel and then airdry or sit under dryer. I usually braid my hair and then let it dry.

Are there people who would actually use Toilet Paper? Doesn't sound like it would work very well.

Mz.MoMo5235

i use a t-shirt. i have a pack of t-shirts just for my hair lol

i tried the turban thing and i think my hair was too long for it or it just didnt suck up enough water cause i would still have drips coming down my face and neck. a towel left my hair frizzy and i think using a paper towel would be a total waste.

i even got some of my white co-workers with wavy to curly hair using t-shirts :D lol

chebaby

up until last week i had been using a micro fiber towel. now i have a curl cloth which i hate.

anyway im doing braid outs now on soaking wet hair so i no longer need a towel.

Truth

When its cold I plop I guess with a microfiber turbie twist towel....I don't really squeeze or rub it around my hair..I just wrap it over my head....if that makes sense. As soon as it gets warm I'm going back to soaking wet air drying....

Sent from my MB200 using Long Hair Care Forum App

EllePixie

Tshirt, or nothing. Or umm...I have this pair of palazzo pants I was going to throw away...I use those sometimes too.

Lucia

I just airdry after squeezing out excess water with my hands downwards
Winter time I used a turbie twist

Last edited:

Hersheygurl

I use my old nursing gowns.:lachen: ( not breast-feeding DD anymore). They are so soft and longer than a t-shirt, so I can absorb more water from the length of my hair. I just wrap the gown on my wet hair like a turban to absorb most of the water. I'm happy I found a new use for them.