How do you regularly dry your hair?

How do you normally dry your hair

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Please pick the option that you use regularly. For example if you only mainly air dry your hair, and use a blow dryer for special occassions just select "air-dry".

Thanks!:grin:

i air dry fully under a hooded dryer about 3x a week. when i first started out on my hair care journey, i was able to air-dry overnight. but my hair was super-porous then. now that my porosity is in check, it takes forever to dry.

when i want a straight look, i'll blow-dry in small sections with a cool blow dryer and comb attachment.

I regularly air dry after co-washing.

3 or 4times a month I will blow it out some the next morning after a wash.

I didn't see airdry in twists or braids (although maybe the first choice "airdry fully loose" might've sufficed?). I always wash my hair in braids or twists, without undoing them anytime during or after the process. I let my hair airdry fully in them w/o doing anything extra like tying with a scarf or doo-rag.

I air dry loose than ponytail and scarf.
My hair dries fine but by morning the newgrowth is all stuck together in the new growth.

I mainly airdry in a loose ponytail 80% then tie with a silk scarf and let the rest dry overnight!

When I first was getting serious about my hair I use to air-dry my hair with roller-sets at night and by the morning my hair will be dry. Now that my hair is getting healthy and thicker my hair doesn't dry fully anymore over night so by the time I wake up in the morning it's still wet in the ends from wet bunning.

So this winter to keep from being sick I'm gonna use the cold setting on my blow dryer at my ends only in the morning.

Wrap with turban or t-shirt to remove excess water; until damp then style and allow to fully dry in that style.

I airdry the majority of the time. When I first get a fresh relaxer I Can get away with airdrying loose for the first 5-6 weeks or so. Then when the NG starts coming in thick I usually airdry in curlers, braids, or twists to prevent tangles.

I usually air dry for a hour or two and then finish up with a blowdryer. I wish I could do rollersets but it takes my hair forever to dry.

I air dry in twists...I never use a hooded dryer...well, maybe if I'm in a time crunch.
But I air dry the vast majority of the time.

I didn't see airdry in twists or braids (although maybe the first choice "airdry fully loose" might've sufficed?). . . . I let my hair airdry fully in them w/o doing anything extra like tying with a scarf or doo-rag.

This is me, too. Probably lots of naturals air dry in twists or braids. Which option should we choose on the poll?

For the past two years I have airdried in four plaits. Now I am starting to part dry under the dryer and then let it finish air drying. This is partly becasue my hair is healthier now so I feel i can take the risk with using some indirect heat , secondly I get bored of not being able to leave the house until my hair is airdried and third becasue when I am around 9 or 10 weeks post relaxer it looks a mess after airdrying!

I sit under the Pibbs. I have airdried on occasion, but I really don't like it. It takes 24 hours for my relaxed hair to airdry which is not practical.

2x weekly roller sets? Gosh that must take you forever as your hair is so long and thick! How long does it take you?

Yes girl, twice weekly. :spinning: :yep: I've just gotten used to it. Been doing this for a little over a year now. I sit under the dryer for a little over an hour. Just depends on how many weeks post I am. :)

Yes girl, twice weekly. :spinning: :yep: I've just gotten used to it. Been doing this for a little over a year now. I sit under the dryer for a little over an hour. Just depends on how many weeks post I am. :)

i tried to do this before and if i wasn't so lazy and if i didn't see so much hair in the comb i would probably keep doing it because it allows me to enjoy my hair so much more. do u notice a lot of shedding and/or breakage when you are rollersetting? cause sometimes when i'm rollersetting i feel like i'm losing entirely too much hair...

Back