What do you all think of my regime?

soslychic

Hey I wanted some critiques on this regimen that i just changed. Suggesions? First of all, here are my products:

HAIR LIST

Staple Products

Nexxus Therappe Shampoo
Nexxus Aloe Rid Gentle Clarifying Shampoo
Nexxus Humectress
Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor
Nexxus Headress Leave-In
V05 Conditioners of preference
Distilled water
Aloe vera gel
Kemi-Oyl
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Healthier Hair in a Bottle
Rubber Wide Tooth Comb
Rattail Comb
Natural Boar Bristle Brush
Plastic Caps
Rollers (2 sizes)
Duckbill Clips
Hair accesories (that won't break hair)
Travel size spray bottle
Hair nets
Large bobby pins
Hard bonnet dryer
Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Sheen Sprary
Affirm Mild Relaxer
Affirm Gentle Assurance Scalp Base
Avlon Affirm Normalizing Shampoo
Avlon 5-in-1 Reconstructor
Elasta QP Glaze Gel
Keracare Foam Wrap-Set Lotion
Dudley's Creme Press
Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Serum

Vitamins *essentials, all other are optional
*One-a-Day Multivitamin
*Puritan's Pride Biotin Vitamin
*B Vitamins
Whey Protein Powder
Twin Labs Amino Acid

Natural Products (besides oils)

Apple Cider Vinegar
Honey
Avocado

Now, here's the regime:

HAIR ROUTINE
SUMMER

Washing

1. Wash hair every 3 days alternating Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo (Lather
twice half amount of shampoo the second time and rinse completely) with whatever V05
conditioners of choice. When doing the conditioner washes, leave conditioner on for 5
minutes and rinse. Follow up with regular routine.

2. Use Nexxus Aloe Rid Gentle Clarifying Shampoo the wash after touchup and 4
weeks after touchup to rid hair of buildup. Follow up with Nexxus Therappe
Moisturizing Shampoo.

Conditioning

1. After wash, apply Nexxus Humectress Conditioner with a little olive oil added.
Comb through and let sit for 20 minutes with a plastic cap. Rinse in cold water.
Alternate this with: LeKair Cholesterol. Comb through and sit under dryer for 15
minutes. Rinse in cold water.

2. When there is a lot of new growth, concentrate use of LeKair Cholesterol on new
growth.

3. Do a pre-wash treatment once a week before wash with avocado, honey, and extra
virgin olive oil. Apply to hair and put on plastic cap. Wrap wet warmed towel on top and
leave for 1 hour. Rinse with cold water.

4. Use Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor after regular conditioning treament during the
last wash before a relaxer (3 days-1 week). Use the same treatment during first wash after
relaxer. (Preferably 5 days after) Also apply Nexxus Keraphix Reconstructor halfway
through touchup. Always follow up with Nexxus Humectress Conditioner.

5. Always do a ACV Rinse with 1/4-1/2 cup of apple cidar vinegar to 1 liter of water after
every wash. Follow with a final rinse of cool distilled water.

Moisturizing/Styling

1. After every wash spray hair with distilled water. Add a mixture of Nexxus Headress
Leave-In and Healthier Hair in a Bottle oils, kemi-oyl, and aloe vera gel. Apply a little
kemi-oyl to scalp and massage for 5 minutes(Do this 2-3 times a week. If scalp is not dry,
do not use any oil)

2. *For straight styles, roller set (using Loreal Vive Intense Smoothing Serum on each
section). Keep hair sprayed with distilled water if it starts to dry. Air dry or sit under dryer
and then wrap and sit under dryer for another 10 minutes. Maintain for 3 days by
wrapping (or wrap alternative) at night. Do not use flat irons or blow dryers.
*For wavy/curly styles without heat, do twist outs, braid outs, straw sets, bantu knots, or
sets on spiral rollers. Keep hair sprayed with distilled water if it starts to dry out. Use
Keracare Foam Wrap-Set Lotion on hair and Loreal Vive Intense Smoothing Serum
on ends and roll ends. Air dry or dry under hooded dryer. Retwist or braid at night if
necesary. Sleep in high ponytail.
*For wavy/curly styles with heat, protect hair with Dudley's Creme Press and use
Keracare Foam Wrap-Set Lotion all over for hold proceed to curl or wave with iron.
Use a little KeraCare Total Control Finishing Spritz to finish it off.Keep style for
weekend and special ocasions only to avoid constant use of heat and alcohol based
products.
*For protective styles, add nothing else and put in bun or drawstring or other ponytail
(when hair is too short for bun).

*For summer, wavy/curly styles without heat are easiest for time and fighting humidity.
*Limit heat styling to once every two weeks.
*Air dry whenever possible instead of using hooded dryer. Use hood dryer as a jump start
and air dry the rest of the way at night if time is a factor.

3. Use products that are gentle on the hair: 100% boar bristle brush (sparingly), rubber
wide tooth comb, covered elastic bands, covered bobby pins, and other hair accesories
that won't break hair.

4. Elasta QP Glaze if necesary for ponytails.

5. Mist hair lightly in morning with a mixture of distilled water and Healthier Hair in a
Bottle.

Before Bed

1. Apply homemade moisturizer to ends every night and add a little more Healthier Hair
in a Bottle to ends to lock in moisture.
2. Wrap hair (or see alternative) at night after moisturizing ends. Use a fine tooth comb
and duck bill clips or large bobby pins to wrap. Sleep in satin cap or scarf.

Trims

1. Check for split ends on a regular basis and trim.
2. Do not trim unnecesarily when trying to grow hair.

Relaxers

1. After first relaxer application, get a relaxer touch-up every 6-8 weeks. (See Relaxer-
How To's) Use aloe vera gel to heal scalp if scabs ever occur during relaxer.

Random

*Make water main drink. Drink 64-80 ounces of water a day.
*Take vitamins daily (see list)
*Good diet and exercise

Integrity

look good.but ultimately, only your hair can answer your question so listen to it and adjust as needed

sweetcocoa

The only thing that I noticed is in your shampoo routine. Unless you have a heavy buildup of products in your hair you really only need to lather up once...and that is with dilluted shampoo. This is what I do(it's a hard habit to break when you've been taught to do it that way). Shampoo...even those that don't contain sls or other sulfates can be drying.

soslychic

Good idea. I've always wondered why the 2 lathers was necesary especially since my hair didn't seem to need it. But silly me, I just did what I thought I was supposed to :p