What can I do???????

ONAMSHN

Ladies....I am truly at a loss. I really need to know what you are doing to jumpstart your hair for growth. And how are you retaining your length. It seems like my hair is at a standstill!!!

atlien11

Honestly, I just left mine alone. Everynow and then i will add Peppermint essential oil to my JASON biotin conditioner to 'wake up' some of those follicles. However i just picked my staples and kept it consistent. Oh yeah, vitamins helped some too but i didnt overdose on them.

HoneyDew

Are you sure that growth is the problem, though? It may jest me a retention problem. Are you getting lots of breakage?

Cichelle

I keep it simple and stay consistent. Also, my hair is up nearly every day and I very often use a bun cover. That has helped me retain growth. It's never been the growing that's the problem for me, just the retaining. But that's changed since I learned how to care for my hair.

What are you currently doing with your hair?

ONAMSHN

I guess it could be a combo of breakage and also not retaining the length. But the breakage seems to be throughout my hair...not the ends of my hair. Am I making sense? I just took my braids down (I had individuals for six weeks), and it seems like I had the same length that I have when they were put in six weeks ago. I am trying to decide if I am going to get my hair permed in two weeks or try and stretch a little longer!
I see that you all said to leave it alone....are you not combing daily? I appreciate all of your replies.

atlien11

I dont know about the rest of the ladies but i do try to detangle my hair once a day. I get more breakage if i dont comb for weeks and then try to detangle it all of a sudden. I try to look at hair like a plant. Its going to shed during seasons, you may need a trim every now and again (both a light trim or aggressive trim), and you need to water it. Things like vitamins are the 'fertilizer' and topical solutions may help, but all in all, your hair is going to grow at its own rate. Keep in the best shape that you can and most importantly PAY ATTENTION TO IT and the products that you put in it. You know your hair better then anybody else. Just my .02 cents.

Cichelle

I detangle EVERY DAY, with a shower comb, in the shower, under the shower water, gently. Then I slide the comb through gently once more with a ton of conditioner in my hair. If I don't detangle every day it means big trouble. I lose so much hair if I let it go for days because getting those knots out is ridiculous.:eek:

Other than that I do not touch a comb or a brush.

ONAMSHN

Have you found daily washing or just cw your hair beneficial? Is this ok for someone who has relaxed hair? I would actually be concerned that I would be doing more harm than good. Do you have any product suggestions?