What are your hair plans for the long weekend?

Caramela

Tomorrow I plan to shampoo with a balancing shampoo and deep condition with ORS & Olive Oil. I think I'll let it air dry, warm comb the NG and don a 1/2 wig :yep: What about you?

naturalgurl

I'm thinking about doing a twist out again but wearing hair in twists all day Saturday and Sunday to make sure they dry all the way.

mahogany_horizons

Hmmmm....can a relaxed lady do a twist out. did a braid out and loved it. But, I don't think my wet hair liked being manipulated so much. saw some breakage.

I have been stretching for so long, and I am on week 12 I think. I am relaxing next weekend.

I plan to shampoo with baby shampoo lathering once, and this time will even wash my ends as I have a moisture overload LOL.

I will do a 1/2 an hour conditioner with hair mayo...

Then follow that up with a 2 hour conditioner that will moisturize, I will spend 1 hour with it on, and another hour under the dryer..

Detangle, and slap back in a bun (or the twist out if I can get moisture, breakage recommendations), and keep until tuesday, WHEN I will wash for the last time in prep for saturday relaxer.

M.

Angelicus

Carmela you make me so sick! All that hair and you are using a 1/2 wig... :p I'm actually under the dryer with my hair in rollers. I just got a relaxer yesterday so I hope my hair looks good. By Monday it'll probably be messed up from all the shadow boxing that I'll be doing.

Caramela

Carmela you make me so sick! All that hair and you are using a 1/2 wig... :p I'm actually under the dryer with my hair in rollers. I just got a relaxer yesterday so I hope my hair looks good. By Monday it'll probably be messed up from all the shadow boxing that I'll be doing.

:giggle: It gives my hair a break from styling and relieves the boredom of bunning all the time. Plus I can have curly bouncy SL hair without having to cut :yep:

Make sure you post pics of your wet set!! :yep:

itismehmmkay

I'm doing the whole Saturday salon visit thing, but recently washed and conditioned my hair real good and it looks and feels wonderful :yep: So I'm comtemplating whether I'm going to the salon or if I'm just gonna chill this weekend.

The only thing w/ doing it myself is that I have to use a curling iron afterwards (keeps it frizz-free after air-drying).
The thing w/ the salon is that they don't condition as great as I want.

I may go and just take some ORS Mayo w/ me (eventually I want to get Moisturefuse).

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
My scalp has really been trippin lately. I'm shedding more than usual. I think its because I left Los Angeles, spent 2 weeks in frigid NYC and now I'm back in 80 degree LA. My scalp is really itchie and a little sore :(. Going to get it pressed today but when I get home I may just grease my scalp down. :confused:

Caramel Jewel

I just washed my hair and did a fresh twist out...I'll have this in all weekend..I co-washed with Mizanni hydrafuse and I sprayed a mixture of water and almond oil for moisture in it then I used a bit of leave-in; its the jane carter soulutions leave in conditioner spray....

since my mizani is almost empty i'm going to buy the AO moisturing conditioner you guys always talk about sometime this weekend...I'm going to give it a shot...I wasn't too impressed with the mizanni....but I do love the silk2 moisture tech....my curls are so defined after a DC with it...I was given some Wen for chirstmas i haven't used that yet....I'll start with that after I get through the AO....:)

I've been looking for the giovanni direct leave in but it hasn't been on the shelves....

Last edited:

secretrose

Taking out my cornrows after 4 weeks for a nice Alter Ego shedding treatment followed by a DC with AOHSR and AOGPB mix. Doing a rollerset but will be back in cornrows by Monday night!

ShaniKeys

Great thread OP! I just washed my hair with a clarifying shampoo (Ouidad Water Works - it wasn't as stripping as I initially thought it would be), and I'm sitting under the dryer right now, DCing with Herbal tea&Henna conditioner by Komaza Care. I'm gonna jump back in the shower in a minute, rinse out the conditioner and rollerset my hair - I'll be watching Macherieamour's rollerset dvd at the same time, just to be safe. My mom's gonna braid my hair tomorrow with human hair extensions, I want her to do it on straight hair cause otherwise I'll lose too much hair (natural hair+mom with comb=:nono:). I attached a pic of all the products I'll be using today.

Attachments

• 16 januari.jpg
    16 januari.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 8

kristie21

..uhhh lemme seee :perplexed..i was going to head to my stylist for a relaxer but i think im just gonna wait it out. Sooo instead ill be trying a BSM (blackstrap molasses) treatment as a pre-poo for breakage, followed up with wash and DC. My only dilema is what to do next?? I LOVE my rollersets but since upping my vits (biotin, msm powder, and newly added gralic suppliments), my ng is crazy! Think i will airdry 70% and blowdry on a low setting, lightly flatiron the roots and then pincurl. Had to add garlic for a shedding and plus i'll be starting the Mega-Tek challenge this weekend as well. :grin:

JDandBeyond

I'm going to my fiance's ex-girlfriend's wedding (don't ask) so I am preparing to bring them to their knees with the fierceness of my hair! I have not used heat all week so that I can concoct fierce flowing curls for the wedding (and not feel guilty about the direct heat afterwards)! I hope everyone has a great weekend. :yep:

India*32

Well as of 1000 this morning, I washed that grey right outta my hair. My stylist, Asian Decent matched my natural hair color perfectly. I asked her how my hair looks as far as health. She stated the ends looked a little dry. I told her, I just trimmed last week. She rinsed the color out and was about to comb through, but she noticed it was a little tough, so she sprayed some mircle potion and comb right on through. She blew my hair and flat ironed. The cut was a shape up. I love her because she is not scissor happy and only does what I think I want. I was ready for another Bob, but I had already had a blunt cut. She stated, You've already had that cut. I said, your right, I'll just wait for it to grow out like, Aliahair. I thought her name was spelled Alphija or something, but I no longer see her listed as a member. I'm very pleased with the results. I guess I did a good job with my cut she didn't have to correct. Now hair just grow out :)

jazzyto

thinking about doing a henna/indigo application but havent decided yet. If not I'll do a poo with CON, DC with humecto, or GVP balm airdry and bun it for the weekend. Ive worn a half wig for two weeks now and its time for a break.

LoveLiLi

I'm getting my hair trimmed (cut?!) by Gina at N Lo's. She's been mentioned on this site before and I hear she's really good.

I checked my length and the back is at armpit length - yay! :drunk:

But I still have some damage at the ends from brushing my hair like crazy and there are splits from wearing my hair only in its natural state for over a year - boo! :rolleyes:

kittenz

I'm going to DC for the first time in a while. Trying to get back in the game and then attempt a rollerset. I've only done one, maybe two...anywho that's the plan.

Simply_Kelz

Hmmmm....can a relaxed lady do a twist out. did a braid out and loved it. But, I don't think my wet hair liked being manipulated so much. saw some breakage.

I have been stretching for so long, and I am on week 12 I think. I am relaxing next weekend.

I plan to shampoo with baby shampoo lathering once, and this time will even wash my ends as I have a moisture overload LOL.

I will do a 1/2 an hour conditioner with hair mayo...

Then follow that up with a 2 hour conditioner that will moisturize, I will spend 1 hour with it on, and another hour under the dryer..

Detangle, and slap back in a bun (or the twist out if I can get moisture, breakage recommendations), and keep until tuesday, WHEN I will wash for the last time in prep for saturday relaxer.

M.

Girl yes! I've been wearing twist-outs all week. However, I do two-strand twists, then put the twists into bantu knots. I've gotten tons of compliments; I love it! I use to love braidouts but this is my new love.

My twistouts and braidouts are no-mani styles though. I just re-cowash, and re-do every night, only detangling weekly.

bbdgirl

well...I have laryngitis(sp) I am not sure if I should wet me hair or not... cuz I was really looking forward to a wash, set and wrap and to take some pics for the new year...
But I guess I will err on the side of caution

Menina Preta

I washed it, DCed with Sitrinillah for 2 hours (by accident), rinsed, roller set, and then flat ironed the NG. My hair looks great :). My last relaxer was the last week of Oct., but you can barely tell after I flat ironed. I'm wearing it down through the weekend and then bun til next wash day.

Aggie

My hair will be swimming and stewing in deep conditioner tomorrow:grin:. I might do an ayurveda co-wash with brahmi, kalpi, and bhringraj powders first though because I haven't done one in a loooooooong while:yep:.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Shampoo with GVP Extra Gentle

DC for an hour with heat using Kenra MC

Rollerset with Salerm 21 b5 and GVP Smoothing Serum. Silk wrap and go to bed :grin:

miami74

Saturday night I will do an overnight prepoo with Proclaim Cholesterol mixed with coconut oil and peppermint oil. Sunday morning I will do a 15 min protein treatment of 1 egg mixed with conditioner. Then I will do a neutralizing shampoo, since I relaxed a week ago. I'll follow with a moisturizing DC of AO HSR mixed with aloe vera juice, honey & coconut oil and let it sit for about 1-2 hours. Then I'll rollerset and dry 50% under the dryer and 50% airdry.