August 17,18,19...What Are YOUR Weekend Hair Plans???

natural2008

Deep conditioned for two days and just got a trim and my hair shaped at the hair shop :0). I love getting my hair trim and shaped. I'll flat twist or something at home
later.

TonicaG

TonicaG
I'm seven weeks post but it certainly feels like so much more especially after I don' broke one of my favorite combs trying to comb through this madness!!!

I am gonna do an Emergencee Tx mixed with Aphogee 2 Minute and let it air dry; Rinse in cool water and follow up with a HOT with Amla, Olive, Jojoba and Coconut Oils; Deep condition under the steamer and call it a day! It seems like a lot but it's not. Air dry using Sylver2's Scarf Method to mold the hair to my bun for the week.

Gonna try and hold out relaxing for two more weeks but if I break another comb...

Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

Pampering my hair for the first time in MONTHS! Gonna make this a weekly addition to my regimen however. So I'm dry conditioning with Paul Mitchell The Detangler, finger detangling, and then will rinse it out sometime this weekend. Sad that I think this is pampering compared to what I used to do lol

claud-uk

Been a little light on care this last week (running out of products, lol!) so tonight gonna treat my hair to my new overnight pre-poo mix of QH Cholesterol + Mirpur AV Cholesterol + WGO.

Rinse the pre-poo tomorrow morning, then a sulfate-free poo followed by my weekly protein treatment, and finally an overnight DC sealed with castor oil. Need to do a porosity control tx somewhere in there too.

Can't wait, I love wash day!!!

demlew

I reeaally want to do a henna tx (Nupur 9, coconut milk, EVOO), but I just did one 2 weeks ago and my relaxed hair doesn't care for too much "protein". I may do a henna gloss so I'll stop thinking about it lol

Ogoma

Friday - refresh my curls after I wake up, seal ends.

Saturday - Full wash with MoroccanOil Moisture DC (I'm thinking about adding some SAA to the mix and see how that turns out.) I'm going to try to steam my hair, minus the steamer, using the method CurlyNikki posted. Style with flaxseed gel. (I made this batch thicker than the last one, I wonder what the results will be) I might go out Saturday night so I may need to use my bonnet attachment for my handheld blowdryer so my hair will be dry.

Sunday - seal ends.

I want to try this so bad. My co-worker raves about it non-stop. Once I run out of Terressentials, I am going back to traditional shampoo to see if I can incorporate some cones.

Ogoma

Detangle (TJ TTTT), mudwash (LCL), condition (CJ Smoothing Condish), leave-in (CJ Curl Rehab), and I am going to attempt to do one or two cornrows around the perimeter of my head. I have an hour+ to do all that so I better get to it!

Americka

Pre-poo w/ Silk Fusion
Neutralize w/ Ors Creamy Aloe and Isoplus (I relaxed last week)
Poo w/ VO5 Vanilla Mint
Con w/ Tresemme
Protein treatment (Palmer's Protein pack mixed with 2 eggs)
Black and Mango Coonut Oolong tea rinse
DC w/ Skala
Airdry, blowdry and flat iron

auparavant

Tired of bone straight and damage....going to cut it all off. Cropped short...and condition, condition and watch the curls come back in over the next few months. I'll miss my hair and have prepared myself during these past 6 months of indecision, with several chops of several inches. :nono: Next time, I'll opt for thermal straightening to achieve it since it's temporary. Well, that's twice in my life I had color damage...that'll hopefully be the last time I ever think of color again, except for henna. It might be mad messy, but it's so much better for my strands. Goodbye hair, hope I'm not scared to death tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Babygrowth

I co washed my hair with Hydroquench systems strawberry lime cleansing conditioner followed by a DC with the Botanical peppermint DC'er and then used Greaseless moisture as a leave in and went to sleep partially air dried. Rockin' a boring fro until I get more girly hair accessories and a flat iron.

leiah

Friday: shampooed with viviscal shampoo, conditioned with neutrogena triple moisture
put taliah waajid protective mist bodifier and mixed silk leave in and put my hair in 1 braid to dry

Saturday: went to the beach. kept my hair in 1 braid covered in coconut oil
came home and dced with north american hemp co moisturizing conditioner and olive oil.. hair did not feel right after that. i need to clarify. cowashed with peter lamas wheatgrass conditioner and it felt better
put in iso bouncy cream sealed with hemp seed oil and did 2 french braids. i'll try to keep my hair in braids a few more days

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
Tomorrow, I'm going to make some flaxseed gel.

Going to cowash/dc, detangle...then twist on damp hair with flax gel, a little oil..after applying my Hair Dew to a slightly wet head. Hope that doesn't prove to be too much.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
DC'ing now with protein in prep for a relaxer this week and will steam it in later. Planning a clarifying poo wash but also considering giving up on shampoo. It just seems so unnecessary:perplexed:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
DC'ing now with protein in prep for a relaxer this week and will steam it in later. Planning a clarifying poo wash but also considering giving up on shampoo. It just seems so unnecessary:perplexed:

Nix08

For me too Nix.:ohwell: The last time I actually used it was the Neutralizing 'Poo of my last relaxer.

I have chelators & clarifiers just sitting here.:yawn:

Who knows, I may have a use for them some day.:look:

Right now, if I need a deeper cleanser, cleansing conditioners can do the trick for me.

shortt29

Yesterday was wash day for me! Washed, DC'd, and roller set. Today I may flat iron my roots since I didn't have time yesterday

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
IDareT'sHair I know what you mean about bottles just sitting there:ohwell: I used the amla this weekend and it seemed to also be cleansing in a gently way. I will have to research that more but....other than my neutralizer I don't see a purpose in my hair. Plus with using acv which some say is cleansing, shampoo seems like overkill in my regimen. Its funny how some ideas/practices are easy to give up or adopt but others are so much harder.
When you last relaxed did you not clarify before? That's my only real reason now for clarifying?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Nix08

No, because I didn't feel like I had 'build up' or had used an over abundance of products.

IMO: My Hair was sufficently clean (from cowashing) and my relaxer went well.

And I fully agree about the ACV Rinses

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Nix08

Besides using it occasionally before relaxing, I'd use it before Hendigo-ing.

Lately, I haven't been doing that either.:perplexed

And my Hendigo was also fine w/o clarifying 1st.

Yup. I'm a Shampoo-Slug.:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Nix08

Lastly, I think by me not being a "Cone-Head" or a "Gel-Head" I have very little to clarify/remove.

My hair & scalp seems to get sufficently cleansed (for me), with simple co-washing or for a deeper cleanse, a Cleansing Conditioner.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
IDareT'sHair EXACTLY..I don't have cones or gel or petroleum to scrub out either. Ya well I guess I will keep some poo on hand for if I go swimming and if I need to really doll up and use some sort of product but ya I'm done with shampoo except for my neutralizer. Plus shampoo isn't as fun to shop for:look: :lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
EXACTLY..I don't have cones or gel or petroleum to scrub out either. Ya well I guess I will keep some poo on hand for if I go swimming and if I need to really doll up and use some sort of product but ya I'm done with shampoo except for my neutralizer. Plus shampoo isn't as fun to shop for:look: :lol:

Nix08 Right! (bolded):lol: I agree.

I have no use for it. :nono:

The closest thing I have to regular shampoo which I love is As I Am's Cleansing Pudding.

There's some nice Clarifying Conditioners out there.

TeeBee

JUST. Finished my Cassia treatment. Washed my hair with the last of my CJ Daily Fix sample (soooo sad!! Must get more). Conditioned and detangled with Tigi Moisture Maniac. Waiting for my wng to dry..
Nevermind the clips, lol

Attachments

• image-4256723708.jpg
    image-4256723708.jpg
    473.9 KB · Views: 14

TheMenAllPause

I DC'ed overnight and my hair is still not soft. I have some serious protein overload. I am still getting some breakage too...so it's low manipulation and bagging my ends this week til Thursday. Thursday is my hair appt and length check.