Jessicurl
Miss Jessies
Jane Carter Solutions
Shea Moisture
Treasured Locks
Nubian Heritage
Vienna Herbals
Spa Basin

I think these are the most talked about brands in forums. If there is another, list the brand and your favorite product. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

yellow08

AO-HSR for conditioner
Silicon Mix (great for detangling and slip)
Lacio Lacio
CON-(Green & White)
Misss Keys 10 en 1

isabella09

From Qhemet Biologics; Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm & Burdock Root Butter Cream
From Oyin Handmade; Oyin Honey-Hemp Conditioner
From Aubrey Organics; HSR
I also love Joico K-pak Liquid Reconstructor, Philip B Rejuvenating oil and CV shampoo bars.

Toy

Qhemet Biologics:Olive & Honey Balm,Burdock root butter
Hairveda:Whipped Ends Hydration,Green Tea Butter
Afroveda:coco latte butter
Karens Body Beautiful:Creamy cocoa mango butter

Dommo

Qhemet Biologics Olive and Honey Balms, AOHC, Amala Pomade and CTDG

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner and Juices and Berries

Nouvelle

Komaza Care's Herbal Tea Rinse, Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle and White Camellia Condiitoners. Qhemet Biologics AOHC and BRBC, and Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Butter.

SherylsTresses

Nexxus Phyto Organics Humectin w/ Manuka Honey and Coconut Milk conditioner.....whew! Yes, it's a conditioner. :lachen: I also use it as a leave-in and a daily moisturizer on dry hair.

msa

Oyin: honey hemp conditioner, juices & berries, whipped pudding, honey wash.
AO: white camellia (better than Rosa mosqueta, island naturals, hsr, gpb).
Jane Carter: nourish & shine (that's all I've tried).

And my all time favorite product is coconut oil. It has multiple uses, is easily available, and is proven to penetrate the hair.

darlingdiva

Aubrey Organics-GPB (that's all I've tried)

Carol's Daughter-When I used to use the products, I loved the Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner. I can't speak on it now that the formula has changed b/c I haven't tried the new version.

Karen's Body Beautiful-Deep Conditioner

Jane Carter Solution-Hair Nourishing Cream

chebaby

Qhemet Biologics i like the heavy cream but i dont love it. i have the detangling gee and honey balm on the wayOyin Handmade i love love love the honey hemp conditioner. it is a staple. i also love the juicea, the sugar pomade and the whipped pudding. i keep all of these on handHairveda i love the cocasta oil, i like the vatika frosting and i love the whipped gelly
Afroveda OMG, i love every single styler she makes. my fave is the shea amla butter but i also love the coco latte, curly custard, totally twisted, pur whipped gelly, hemp butter and OMG i am in love with the ashlii amala conditionerKomaza Care i like the califia cream but its the only thing i tried by them
Aubrey Organics my fave is the GPB conditioner but i also like the HSR conditionerCurl Junkie i love love love the rehab conditioner, hibiscus conditioner, coffee coco curl cream, and aloe fix gel. in fact i have the coffee curl cream and aloe gel in my hair now
My Honey Child used a couple of conditioners from the line, wasnt impressed
Blended Beaty the styling butter with ok, i have the frizz pudding which has so much slip and i have the quench conditioner but havent tried it yet
Carols Daughter i used to be a fan but now i am not. i love the tui shampoo but thats about it. i do love her smoothies i just no longer use them
Darcys Botanicals i love love love the daily leave in, so moisturizing. the madegascar cream is good too
Karens Body Beautiful i am so in love with the hair milk, hair nectar, deep conditioner and hair cream. i keep multiples around at all timesHair Rules
Jessicurl the too shea was good
Miss Jessies i love the baby butter cream and the curly meringue
Jane Carter Solutions i love the twist and lock
Shea Moisture the leave in is good
Treasured Locks
Nubian Heritage
Vienna Herbals
Spa Basin

Last edited:

Barbie83

Hairveda: Whipped Cream Ends Hydration and Sitrinillah Deep Conditioner

You forgot SheScentit! I love the Banana Brulee Moisturizing Deep Conditioner

kryolnapps

Qhemet Biologics--Alma and Olive Heavy Cream/Burdock Root Butter Cream
Oyin Handmade--Burnt Sugar Pomade/Honey Wash
Hairveda—CoCasta Shikakai Oil/Whipped Cream
Aubrey Organics—GPB Condish/White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Condish
Blended Beauty—Happy Nappy Styles/Hair Cleansing Condish
Karens Body Beautiful—Luscious Lock Deep Condish
Jessicurl—Weekly Deep Condish
Jane Carter Solutions-Nourish and Shine
Shea Moisture—SheaMoisture Leave-in

MangaManiac

I haven't tried any of the listed ones yet, but ones I know people talk about and are my personal favorites are:

Aussie Moist Conditioner
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship (I use the split end mender as a leave-in!)

sowhut

Qhemet Biologics- so far the burdock root butter cream is pretty nice but i dont really need it for anything.

Hairveda- whipped cream ends is great and the amla cream rinse is decent

Komaza Care- i didnt like most of the stuff i tried with this line but the coconut hair pudding is wonderul for edges, it dries soft.

Curl Junkie- curl assurance shampoo was pretty good, at least it wasnt drying.

Jane Carter Solutions -Moisture nourishing shampoo, literally the only shampoo that i felt moisturized my hair. my hair HATES shampoo normally.

KinkyCurly - Knot Today is an awesome leave in/detangler.

Last edited:

BeetleBug

Qhemet Biologics - BRBC (not too heavy and not too light, it's perfect for my hair)

Darcys Botanicals- Daily Leave In is great but I switched to Kinky Curly Knot today as a leave in b/c I can get that locally. The Kalahari Oil is great. I want to try the peach oil next.

Hairveda- Vatika Frosting and the Cocosta Oil

Kinky Curly- Knot Today is now my staple leave in. Doesn't dry my hair out at all. I love the curling custard.

Afroveda- Curly Custard is an excellent hair butter.

chebaby

oh and kinky curly: HATE the curling custard, i can not walk around with crunchy hair that will not dry. but i love love love the knot today.

naijamerican

My favorites and unfavorites, according to what I've tried...

1. Qhemet Biologics - Olive and Amla Heavy Cream, Burdock Root Cream, Detangling Ghee - these are the best products I've ever used. I've been using this line since 2005 and it's all that, a bag of chips, and a two-liter bottle of soda. :yep:
  2. Oyin Handmade - Honey Hemp Conditioner and Juices and Berries - two great products; the glycerin in it makes it perfect for the summer. Honey Hemp Conditioner is the bomb.
  3. Afroveda - Well made, but the high concentration of aloe vera dried out my hair. If she were to include water and not aloe vera juice I'm confident it would be a staple line for me.
  4. Komaza Care - A complete disaster. Some derivative of palm oil as the second ingredient meant that it dried my hair into a crunchy stankadank mess.
  5. Aubrey Organics - Special thanks to Msa; I started using the White Camelia and it's great. I now use the GPB and it's wonderful, too, for my fine hair. I honestly was not impressed by HSR. :ohwell:
  6. Miss Jessies - I hate to say this because the ingredients are inferior to QB, but Miss Jessie's buttercreme actually works well for my hair, especially in the winter. I might be getting the buy 1, get 1 free thing this Christmas.
  7. Jane Carter Solutions - Pretty good shampoo and conditioner; twist and loc cream is really good. The Nourish and Shine is definitely one of the best shea-based leave-ins I've ever used due to all the other butters in it.

I think that Jessicurls is another awesome natural product that's extremely underrated, and I have to sincerely thank Charzboss for her review. :yep: The Too Shea and Weekly Deep Conditioner are so good that I think I'm going to get gallon sizes when the Black Friday sales hit. :yep:

I am eager to try Darcy's Botanicals and My Honey Child.

rosalindb

Aubrey Organics: I love their conditioners and have been using them exclusively since 2006/7. I use GBP, Honeysuckle Rose and White Camellia and I just started using Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Mask from April this year

CTBhair

Oyin Handmade
  • Honey Hemp Conditioner :grin::grin::grin: Love It!
  • Shine and Define :grin:, it is okay, but probably will not be re-purchasing
Aubrey Organics
  • Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner :grin::grin::grin: Love It!
  • GPB Lavendar Ylang Ylang, so far so good, but only used it 2x I will reserve judgment
Jessicurl
  • Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment :grin::grin::grin:
    • I mix this with the AO Honeysuckle Rose to do deep conditioning
Shea Moisture
  • Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner :grin::grin::grin: Love It!

I almost forgot my favorite...Devacare/Devacurl products.....Devacare One Conditioner is the bomb!

Last edited: