WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO PREPARE YOUR HAIR FOR WINTER FLAT IRONING?

glamazon386

Hair Type? 4a
How Often You Plan to Straighten? Once a month
What Extra Step Have You Added to Your Routine? I didn't add anything extra. I typically don't have dry hair issues and I have a protein conditioner in my regular rotation.

BillsBackerz67

@ Tiye. No I dont have heat trained hair. As soon as water touched my hair is a wrap :lol: Hence why I said I used oil based products when moisturizing. Water based will cause reversion.

I dont excercise so :look: that might be a big factor as to why my hair doesnt revert. And when I shower I have like 5 scarves tied tight to my hair :lol: along with a shower cap.

yods

I am a 4a

I am really thinking about wearing my hair straight 50% of the time so every other wash straighten and see what happens. Not really sure how long i can make it last.

I have tried leobodyc5's (youtube) way of straightening hair twice now and my hair comes out silky straight, i.e. airdry in large braids and flat iron with steam even my relaxed hair hasn't been this silky. I am going to keep an eye on extra damage but yeah thats the plan anyway. Will be interesting to see if i retain the same or less this winter after using zero heat last winter but being bugged by ssks.

empressri

I straighten about once in the winter, and that's for my birthday, Dec 26 when it's usually too damn cold to be doing twists or a wash and go. Plus I get my trim.

No prep needed, my hair gets thoroughly taken care of year round lol.

MsLizziA

I straighten about once in the winter, and that's for my birthday, Dec 26 when it's usually too damn cold to be doing twists or a wash and go. Plus I get my trim.

No prep needed, my hair gets thoroughly taken care of year round lol.
Ya know, i am considering straightening my hair at the beginning of december for my S/O b/c of his birthday and he always complains that i don't wear styles that he likes. So this might be my little gift to him. Other than that i'm PSn and wet bunning.

Well when the winter comes, i probably wont be able to wet bun

empressri

In that case one of you ladies needs to do the youtube tutorial on presses that last up to 5 weeks. I'm sure you'll get lots of traffic.

Why don't they last 5 weeks? Mine do.

All I use after pressing is coconut oil, monoi de tahiti or some vatika if I won't be near the SO. Oh, I may use a little hair butter on the ends if needed. I like Anita Grant's butters for that purpose.

I only oil from about my ear and down, nothing on the scalp. I bun my hair at night and always have some sort of curl to the ends.