Whale Sperm Shampoo & Conditioner

Miosy

I know the name sounds gross but there is a Dominican hair line by "HP" that makes all these treatments with Whale sperm; overnite leave in, shampoo, conditioner,rinse, etc.
I used it in the pass but it left my hair greasy so I never bought it again but my cousin uses it all the time and has long healthy shiny hair. I don't recall finding here in the US but my mom is going to DR in Dec. so I think I may buy the whole line again and give them a second chance. Has anyone else used this hair line? They come in red or green bottles.

LuLu

I am going to behave my self

I don't know anything about it.

Miosy

To be honest I am not sure. I have to get a bottle and read the ingredients in much more details but it's suppose to be. Dominican always make up the weirdest shampoo and conditoner. I tried one called "silk worm" in the past. I'll try anything product once

Purtygurly

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
And how do they harvest these sperm...ew

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
, I was asking myself the same question

Height

I read where the U.S. banned whale products in the 70's. Put sperm whale in the search engine and you'll be surprised. It is regularly used in perfumes and food. I saw it last nite. I'll try and find that website.

cybra

I guess it was Mrs. Whale, during a night of freaky sex with Mr. Whale, who discovered sperm being good for the hair...I can just hear her, "Oh whaley" then splat! "Ooooh, my hair is so soft!"

Purtygurly

[ QUOTE ]
cybra said:
I guess it was Mrs. Whale, during a night of freaky sex with Mr. Whale, who discovered sperm being good for the hair...I can just hear her, "Oh whaley" then splat! "Ooooh, my hair is so soft!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't even say anything... I'll be good

adrienne0914

i've heard of this, but i don't know of any brands that have it. it's supposed to be pretty good. umm... i'll prolly stick to KeraCare...

love2praz

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
it's supposed to be pretty good. umm... i'll prolly stick to KeraCare...

[/ QUOTE ]

Allandra

Re: Whale Sperm Shampoo & Conditioner

I've seen this line at a Dominican salon. I've heard about it before (on another hair care board).

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:
[ QUOTE ]
cybra said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't even say anything... I'll be good

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhhh, ok, ok.......I went to DR in August and my friend took me shopping for hair stuff (this store was incredible)...and she pointed this out and told me it would be good, makes hair shiny...now I just bought it to see what it was like...it smells wonderful actually
( ok...don't start)....Greit'Oll is the name of this company , its a nuetral almost clear jat with a brown lid and the writing is brown and pink....and I've was looking to buy it here in NY.

It made my comb slip right thru my hair ( with or without heat) and my hair was shinier!!!!

the only thing that bothers me( not the fact that it could be sperm,sick sick, sick) is while doing internet searches on the benefits of whale sperm I came across a site stating not to use products made with whales stuff because it is leading to their extinction
....sp?

So now I think I'll stick with my other products
(PS I've been wanting to ask about this product since I joined LHCF but was afraid you guys would say .......
"what the" ....
)

G

[ QUOTE ]
Miosy said:
I know the name sounds gross but there is a Dominican hair line by "HP" that makes all these treatments with Whale sperm; overnite leave in, shampoo, conditioner,rinse, etc.
I used it in the pass but it left my hair greasy so I never bought it again but my cousin uses it all the time and has long healthy shiny hair. I don't recall finding here in the US but my mom is going to DR in Dec. so I think I may buy the whole line again and give them a second chance. Has anyone else used this hair line? They come in red or green bottles.

[/ QUOTE ]
___
I guess people will do anything to grow hair, but I will NOT use whale sperm or anyone else's sperm just to grow hair.

G

I stopped using Jojoba and if it is from whale sperm I am glad I did.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
I'm pretty sure jojoba oil comes from a sperm whale. Wait...I'll go do some research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope I was wrong...it's similar to the oil from a sperm whale. Oh, well...nevermind...

Jojoba Oil Information

Golden Jojoba In reality jojoba oil is not an oil but a liquid wax, and is pronounced "ho-ho-ba", and only became important in the 1970s when whaling was banned, since jojoba oil which is derived from the jojoba bean, has almost the same properties as the oil obtained from the sperm whale.

ms_kenesha

It might actually be whale sperm, because whale sperm comes up from the whole in their heads I believe. When you see a whale blowing all that stuff from the top of it's head I read it was whale sperm. I'll check!

Allandra

Re: Whale Sperm Shampoo & Conditioner

Yeah, I recall reading this over at Adrienne's Yahoo group (BHCAB).

ms_kenesha

The sperm whale was named for the valuable spermaceti oil (wax) that this whale produces in the spermaceti organ (located in its head).

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
auntesther said:
* * My husband always said HIS was good for my skin. He never mentioned my hair . * *

[/ QUOTE ]

It is good for your skin, but I'll pass.