Wet n' Wavy Toyokalon or synthetic hair in general

soslychic

Wet n\' Wavy Toyokalon or synthetic hair in general

Ok, I am under the impression that this is wet and wavy
Toyokalon hair. I have a few questions about it.

http://www.essenceofbraiding.com/microbraidspg2.jpg

Since Toyokalon is synthetic, I assume that it can be curled in no other way than the hot water technique. Then, after a wash, would it lose it's "wave." Is the wave only good until it is washed out? How will it look once washed? Fuzzy straight?
Where can this hair be purchaed? Can it be purchased at a regular bss? At Sally's? Does anyone have an online source.
And one more question. Will wavy synthetic hair cause braids to be wavy or will they still just hang straight? (Not counting anything left out at the end)
Muchisimas gracias!

soslychic

Re: Wet n\' Wavy Toyokalon

Ok, so I sort of answered my own question when I found this passage:

Wet and Wavy / French Refined Weave: Versatile texture that appears straight when purchased. When the hair is wetted, waves appear. It can be worn wavy, blown dry to straight or styled with rollers.

However, this seems that it is referring to human hair only. Would the same thing about waves appearing when wetted apply with synthetic?

carletta

Re: Wet n\' Wavy Toyokalon or synthetic hair in general

Hi soslychic, I have had the toyokalon hair before, and I hated
it! The wet and wavy hair did have curl after it had water applied to it BUT after my second week shampoo, IT LOOKED LIKE A REAL HOT TANGLED MESS AND HAD TO TAKE IT DOWN !! I feel, if you wear it braided all the way to the ends, that would be best when using this type of hair. If you want to leave the ends down, I suggest you go the human hair route!
(
Good $ down the drain

Irresistible

Re: Wet n\' Wavy Toyokalon or synthetic hair in gen

I hated it too...plus it made my scalp irritated (it was my first time using it)

soslychic

thanks guys!

carletta, so if i braided the hair all the way to the end, would the braids be wavy too or would only left out ends come out wavy?

irresistible, i'm sorry to hear that
Has anyone else had that experience?

Karonica

I've never had toyokolan synthetic, but generally, synthetic hair starts to fuzz after a while, particularly after it's been shampooed, but the pattern generally remains the same, if not tampered with too much.

carletta

sorry for taking so long in answering the question soslychic (little under the weather
) to answer your question, you will have a wave pattern, but not as wavy as if you left the end down. Does that make any sense ( i'm typing have conscience !

**Tasha*Love**

I just removed my braids and Toyokalon was used. I am with Irrestible and I know everyone is different. My braids were long and touching my neck and I developed the worst rash ever. I thought it would never heal! I had to get a topical cream to get rid of it. Next time I will stick with human hair.