WEN on Natural Hair???

msjones

So I just received my WEN Fig in the mail on Friday. After 3 days of using it according to the directions with the Fig Oil...my curl has never been LESS defined or LESS moisturized. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I have been wanting to buy this for a while now, so I am so glad you posted this thread. Other than the little curl definition, how is it doing your hair? If you don't mind my asking.

to be honest, as of now I'd prefer my VO5 milk and strawberries to this. but i'm going to try it for the next week, and use other leave ins/gels to see if i can make it work. i'm a dumbass and bought the 32 oz size, thinking i would love it. booo to me.

I was looking for reviews on this too. One night I was up and couldn't sleep and i watched the infomercial on this and was dying to try it. they used a natural black woman on there as one of the models/demo's........ but it looked too good be true, with JUST using the conditioner/shampoo or w/e it is.... and no other products or anything done to her hair by letting it air dried. her curls were way defined and nice looking.

smh, should've known

i'm gonna keep using it, so i'll let you know. i'm thinking that it may be good as a cleanser, but I might need to use something after rinsing for more moisture. Very disappointing as I was doing fine with my ACV rinses. But we'll see...for all I know it could end up being amazing.

to be honest, as of now I'd prefer my VO5 milk and strawberries to this. but i'm going to try it for the next week, and use other leave ins/gels to see if i can make it work. i'm a dumbass and bought the 32 oz size, thinking i would love it. booo to me.

OMGosh. I can not use the VO5 Strawberries and Cream. I love the scent, but it had my head hurting really bad, and I also had a burning feeling in the top and back area of my head. I was almost to the point of tears. Now the VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea on the other hand is great for my hair.

Does Wen offer sample sizes? I was on their other web site the other nite, and saw that they had alot of other products I would like to try. I'm in PJ remiission, so I might have to keep holding out on these products.
:lachen:

Best believee I'm about to buy little bottles and make my own samples of fig to sell for like $2 each or something. This ish better work by the end of this week. LOL.

"
OMGosh. I can not use the VO5 Strawberries and Cream. I love the scent, but it had my head hurting really bad, and I also had a burning feeling in the top and back area of my head. I was almost to the point of tears. Now the VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea on the other hand is great for my hair."

Hey Angkin, I can't use VO5 products either same reaction. No I had to give away all that I purchased. doesn't work for me. In fact the only thing that has worked is long term by herbal essense. thats it. I can't wait to try WEN out.

Last edited:
If you don't like it you can sell it in a heartbeat on the trading / for sale fourm! :up:

wow- i'm 4b natural and I love it (sweet almond mint). I usually wash 1x/week, but i had to sit on my hands this evening to keep from washing it tonight! (maybe tomorrow... LOL). My "curls/waves" are more defined than ever and it's so soft. I'm having difficulties figuring out which is best, Aveda or WEN (heck, I love them both!)

As far as tips: I DC w/heat beforehand then rinse. I use an ample amount (5-6 pumps/quadrant) leave on for 10-20 min while I shower (covered with shower cap). After rinsing, I use 1 pump and 2 drops of oil/quadrant as a leave-in.

Last edited:
Back