Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

Good Morning!

Had some time this morning before running out and felt inspired to post these instructions on how to use WEN, especially good for those that want to know (will read here versus searching the other websites or reading the booklet that comes with the product). I forgot about their suggestion to create a refresher spray between washes and have decided that is a great idea and will incorporate. HTH!

BTW - I just WEN'd my hair this morning (3x this week so far) and my hair looks amazingly full which is a Godsend for me because I have thinner strands. It is true, the more you use it, the better your hair looks. Oh, another thing, if you are a airdrier, your hair might take longer to dry. Mine does.

Create a Refresher Spray (Good idea right here!) :yep:
In a 6oz spray bottle mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 2-4 drops of WEN Oil and 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint (or your favorite scent)Styling Crème. Use warm water initially to help mix ingredients and shake well before each use.
How to Use WEN
Start by rinsing hair thoroughly and completely for at least 1 minute. Apply 8-10 pumps to the crown of head, 8-10 pumps to nape/back of head. Massage vigorously into scalp for 2-3 minutes and add an extra splash of water to help evenly distribute through the ends. Now add remaining 10-20 pumps (depending on hair length) through the mid-shafts and ends, to thoroughly cleanse and hydrate the hair. Comb through with a wide-tooth comb and clip up for the remainder of the shower. Leave on for at least 3-5 minutes. The longer you leave it on the better for maximum results. Rinse thoroughly and completely for 1-2 minutes by massaging your scalp and running your fingers through to the ends.

The more product you use the better the results.
* For hair above your shoulders, use a minimum of 20 pumps.
* For hair down to your shoulders, use a minimum of 30 pumps
* For hair past your shoulders use a minimum of 40
Then apply 1-3 pumps of the Cleansing Conditioner as a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair, starting at the back of the head and working through to the ends. Immediately after, add 1-3 pumps of the Sweet Almond Mint (or your favorite WEN Styling Crème) to soaking wet hair starting at the back of the head and working thought to the ends. Let hair dry naturally, style or wrap a towel around your head to absorb moisture. Do not abrasively dry your head with a towel as this will stress the hair and cause it to frizz.

Additional Suggestions (and helpful info)
1. You can cleanse daily but when used properly you should only have to cleanse every 2-3 days. Our 16oz size should last you between 4-6 weeks.
2. For extra hydrating and conditioning, you can use the Cleansing Conditioner as an overnight deep hydrating mask treatment. Simply leave on the hair after you have cleansed, cover hair with a shower cap or plastic bag overnight, and rinse out thoroughly in the morning.

NOTE: This is why you don't have to purchase the Re-Moist Hydrating Mask @ $72 if you don't care to because you can use the WEN Conditioner just like it!

3. If you have curly or ethnic hair, use WEN Sweet Almond Mint, Tea Tree or Fig Oil. When applying your leave-in, mix 2-6 drops of WEN Oil to the Cleansing Conditioner first and then 2-6 drops of WEN Oil to the Sweet Almond Mint styling Crème. You may also need to increase the amount of WEN Oil and pumps of the Cleansing Conditioner and Styling Crème for different hair texture.

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Had some time this morning before running out and felt inspired to post these instructions on how to use WEN, especially good for those that want to know (will read here versus searching the other websites or reading the booklet that comes with the product). I forgot about their suggestion to create a refresher spray between washes and have decided that is a great idea and will incorporate. HTH!

BTW - I just WEN'd my hair this morning (3x this week so far) and my hair looks amazingly full which is a Godsend for me because I have thinner strands. It is true, the more you use it, the better your hair looks. Oh, another thing, if you are a airdrier, your hair might take longer to dry. Mine does.

Create a Refresher Spray (Good idea right here!) :yep:
In a 6oz spray bottle mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 2-4 drops of WEN Oil and 2 pumps of Sweet Almond Mint (or your favorite scent)Styling Crème. Use warm water initially to help mix ingredients and shake well before each use.
How to Use WEN
Start by rinsing hair thoroughly and completely for at least 1 minute. Apply 8-10 pumps to the crown of head, 8-10 pumps to nape/back of head. Massage vigorously into scalp for 2-3 minutes and add an extra splash of water to help evenly distribute through the ends. Now add remaining 10-20 pumps (depending on hair length) through the mid-shafts and ends, to thoroughly cleanse and hydrate the hair. Comb through with a wide-tooth comb and clip up for the remainder of the shower. Leave on for at least 3-5 minutes. The longer you leave it on the better for maximum results. Rinse thoroughly and completely for 1-2 minutes by massaging your scalp and running your fingers through to the ends.

The more product you use the better the results.
* For hair above your shoulders, use a minimum of 20 pumps.
* For hair down to your shoulders, use a minimum of 30 pumps
* For hair past your shoulders use a minimum of 40
Then apply 1-3 pumps of the Cleansing Conditioner as a leave-in conditioner to soaking wet hair, starting at the back of the head and working through to the ends. Immediately after, add 1-3 pumps of the Sweet Almond Mint (or your favorite WEN Styling Crème) to soaking wet hair starting at the back of the head and working thought to the ends. Let hair dry naturally, style or wrap a towel around your head to absorb moisture. Do not abrasively dry your head with a towel as this will stress the hair and cause it to frizz.

Additional Suggestions (and helpful info)
1. You can cleanse daily but when used properly you should only have to cleanse every 2-3 days. Our 16oz size should last you between 4-6 weeks.
2. For extra hydrating and conditioning, you can use the Cleansing Conditioner as an overnight deep hydrating mask treatment. Simply leave on the hair after you have cleansed, cover hair with a shower cap or plastic bag overnight, and rinse out thoroughly in the morning.

NOTE: This is why you don't have to purchase the Re-Moist Hydrating Mask @ $72 if you don't care to because you can use the WEN Conditioner just like it!

3. If you have curly or ethnic hair, use WEN Sweet Almond Mint, Tea Tree or Fig Oil. When applying your leave-in, mix 2-6 drops of WEN Oil to the Cleansing Conditioner first and then 2-6 drops of WEN Oil to the Sweet Almond Mint styling Crème. You may also need to increase the amount of WEN Oil and pumps of the Cleansing Conditioner and Styling Crème for different hair texture.

Thank you!

So is it really true (from your experience) that the more you use the better? I can see myself going through this stuff much faster than 4-6 weeks!

Also, can you use the CC as a DC with heat?

This line could possibly eliminate every other product line I have (except the MT for protein of course). I'm excited about that!

Good Morning!

It also takes longer for rollersets to dry!!!:hair:

My order came in the mail!!! Yay.

So far I'm not sure if I actually like the smells of the conditioners. But, I can't really make a decision on that until I test them out.

I'm trying to decide if I want to take out my weave tomorrow so I can start using the conditioners OR leave the weave in for another week (which will make it the full month I promised myself I 'd leave it in). Hmmm. Decisions decisions.

Hi ShiShiPooPoo,
No, you do not use WEN with heat as far as I know. I dpn't know anyone who has tried it. Yes - the more (or shall I say the longer you leave the CC in before rinsing) the better the results.

The product has a cumulative effect on the hair. :yep:

Thank you!

So is it really true (from your experience) that the more you use the better? I can see myself going through this stuff much faster than 4-6 weeks!

Also, can you use the CC as a DC with heat?

This line could possibly eliminate every other product line I have (except the MT for protein of course). I'm excited about that!

OMG... all of you are EVIL bad bad pushers, I really want to try this but I am BROKE and have too much crap to go thru before I can buy anything new! :sad: But I did bookmark the wen website! I'll be back!!!!

Ok who is working for Wen :look:...... I had my eye on this product before i even started LCHF, and now y'all got this product all in my head :lachen:.

Hi ShiShiPooPoo,
No, you do not use WEN with heat as far as I know. I dpn't know anyone who has tried it. Yes - the more (or shall I say the longer you leave the CC in before rinsing) the better the results.

The product has a cumulative effect on the hair. :yep:

I've deep conditioned with WEN and a heat cap. Hair came out nice but it always does with WEN...

What would you rec? I love hearing about comparable items that can be substituted.

I did order the WEN today but will cancel if there is something else out there a little less expensive that will do the same thing!:yep:

Has she come back with a comparable product yet!!!! I'm so curious about this one, because Ive tried about everything!!:look:

JN I use WEN with a heat cap too. I also used my steamer with WEN, my hair came out awesome both ways.

JN I use WEN with a heat cap too. I also used my steamer with WEN, my hair came out awesome both ways.

As Dave Chappelle's impression of Lil Jon, "WHAT?" :grin:

So you and Charmtreese....do you cleanse first and re-apply to DC or do you apply WEN, go under heat, then cleanse? Dooooo tell! :grin:

So you and Charmtreese....do you cleanse first and re-apply to DC or do you apply WEN, go under heat, then cleanse? Dooooo tell! :grin:

If Im using WEN to DC with I wash with WEN rinse and then towel blot and re-apply WEN.

Have you tried the Lavender yet? That's my favorite now! Since I no longer have scalp issues thanks to the tea tree, I now wash with lavender and DC with lavender and jessicurl weekly treatment.

If Im using WEN to DC with I wash with WEN rinse and then towel blot and re-apply WEN.

Have you tried the Lavender yet? That's my favorite now! Since I no longer have scalp issues thanks to the tea tree, I now wash with lavender and DC with lavender and jessicurl weekly treatment.

OK, I see. Makes sense. Duh, JN.
Yes, I tried the Lavender (bought the WHOLE line of the Lavender flavor) and it is just as moisturizing as the Fig, more refined I should say.
I like Lavender very much, however, the Fig is still my :babyg:.

Hip hip hooray! I got my fig today:grin: If I didn't do such a bangin twistout today i'd be using it right now. I will give it a try tomorrow or Thursday at the latest!!

I always cleanse first and then use the steamer or heat cap, rinse out then use it as a leave in. I put henna on my hair last week and then sat under the steamer with WEN lavender and my hair was so darn soft afterwards, I started to have an affair with it:lachen:.

I always cleanse first and then use the steamer or heat cap, rinse out then use it as a leave in. I put henna on my hair last week and then sat under the steamer with WEN lavender and my hair was so darn soft afterwards, I started to have an affair with it:lachen:.

Scandal :drool:

I used my wen fig last night and I LOVED it!!!

I didn't realize until after I stepped out of the shower how much of a difference it made. My scalp felt cleansed and refreshed. And my hair felt moisturized. Usually when my hair is wet it just feels...wet. And then it dries and I have to put something in it to make it feels soft. But when I used the wen it felt soft the moment I was out of the shower and as it was drying.

I can't wait to see how it feels after multiple uses. I am officially a Wen Friend!!!

Back