Wen haircare by Chaz Dean-Conditioning cleanser system what do you think?

kaykaybobay

Unfortunately I have to abandon wen, though it makes my hair feel nice etc, I have some breakage now as well as split ends :( after about a month and a 1/2 of usage product just isn't for me :(

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Unfortunately I have to abandon wen, though it makes my hair feel nice etc, I have some breakage now as well as split ends :( after about a month and a 1/2 of usage product just isn't for me :(

How is your protein levels? I wouldn't have been able to use Wen several months ago until my protein levels got right. Are you relaxed or natural? I found that intense moisture (of which Wen is) can lead to breakage if your protein is not balanced enough. I thank Ovation for that.

gymfreak336

How is your protein levels? I wouldn't have been able to use Wen several months ago until my protein levels got right. Are you relaxed or natural? I found that intense moisture (of which Wen is) can lead to breakage if your protein is not balanced enough. I thank Ovation for that.

I agree with JN

What I am doing right now to stay balanced it washing my hair as usual every5-7th wash and using a protein treatment. I have been using Joico Kpak daily conditioner or one of those no named protein packs you can get from any BSS.

LivingDoll

I agree with JN

What I am doing right now to stay balanced it washing my hair as usual every5-7th wash and using a protein treatment. I have been using Joico Kpak daily conditioner or one of those no named protein packs you can get from any BSS.

I do something similar to this as well. I don't think I could use WEN and nothing else.

joyandfaith

You know I really wanted to try the Cucumber Aloe and Sweet Almond,but when I seen it wasn't recommended for ethnic hair I said :nono:...Has any one tried these two?Or is the verdict still out?

I ordered the Sweet Almond Mint last week (even though it wasn't recommended for our hair :blush:). I'm still waiting on it to arrive. I'll definitely give you my opinion after I try it. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Amari

I ordered the Sweet Almond Mint last week (even though it wasn't recommended for our hair :blush:). I'm still waiting on it to arrive. I'll definitely give you my opinion after I try it. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

I hope you love it because naturally I love sweet almond in anything,and looove cucumber in anything.When I seen it wasn't "for us" I passed because I didn't want to drop the $$$ just to be disappointed.My plan is to finish off my 32 oz ethnic pack then if they're good reviews try the other two I really wanted.

gymfreak336

I hope you love it because naturally I love sweet almond in anything,and looove cucumber in anything.When I seen it wasn't "for us" I passed because I didn't want to drop the $$$ just to be disappointed.My plan is to finish off my 32 oz ethnic pack then if they're good reviews try the other two I really wanted.

I have the sweet almond. It works well, just as good as the lavender, to me atleast.

ACRawlins

Hi everyone! I'm just chiming in the the WEN results. I got my order of the fig line yesterday which included, the cleansing conditioner, leave in, oil and texture balm. The order was delivered to my job and I was soooo excited to get home and try it! As soon as I got home I put the oil on my scalp and some of the cleanser on my dry hair, covered with a plastic cap and went to bed. When I awoke, I rinsed my hair in the shower and used the products as instructed. Afterwards I blew dry my hair and the verdict is...... I REALLY LIKE IT!!!

Among a few other things, I'm a Joico user and never really thought I'd find another product that I'd like as much. Now I must admit that I wasn't too thrilled with the smell of the fig. I don't know if my being slightly hung-over made a difference :look:.. then again, I think that may have been it. I did like the cooling menthol sensation, that feeling actually is still there after more than 12 hours. My new-growth doesn't feel dry. The length of my hair feels great. I used nothing but the WEN products today and my hair really does feel moisturized. This is only my first time using it, so while I really like it, it'll take a few more uses to know if I truly LOVE it. But so far so really good..

Thanks to all you ladies who made this recommendation. Happy growing!

pear

Wen fig review:

I ordered the sample pack for ethnic hair and decided to try the fig first. Some people have complained about the smell but it really didn't bother me. Because I wanted to get an accurate picture of what the conditioner was like, i decided not to prepoo like I usually do.

The first thing I noticed when I first applied it to my hair was that there was no lather but I kind of knew that it wasn't going to lather. It felt pretty good going on and I immediately noticed a cooling sensation to my scalp which I liked. I put on a plastic shower cap and let it sit for about 30 minutes.

When I started rinsing it didn't feel quite as slippery as I would have liked but my scalp felt good. I combed through each section of my hair and lost the same amount of hair as usual (maybe a little more because I didn't detangle prior which I usually do).

I applied a little Redken butter treat and serum as leave-ins to each section of my hair and did a rollerset. After I took my rollers out perhaps the first thing I noticed was that my hair had more shine. My hair also felt slightly more moisturized than usual (my relaxed 4B hair has a really hard time retaining moisture). It is now day 2 and my hair still feels pretty moist (which is surprising). I also only lost about 4-5 shedded hairs when I combed through my hair this morning (no breakage :spinning:).

Summary: I was a little disappointed that my hair wasn't super slipperly as I was rinsing out the conditioner BUT I did like the cooling/tingling sensation to my scalp, the shine and the moisture retention.

I am going to try my lavendar next and be sure to prepoo and detangle first. All in all I can't complain. Shampoo severely dries out my hair so once I determine the best Wen conditioner for my hair, I think I might stick with it!

MzRhonda

Great review Pear.

I also noticed that my hair was not dry after several days and still soft and shiny.

I'm going to do my color today and then WEN as usual and report back my thoughts.

Aggie

So how many ladies pre-poo before applying WEN and what's the difference in how your hair responds to WEN with and without pre-pooing first?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
So how many ladies pre-poo before applying WEN and what's the difference in how your hair responds to WEN with and without pre-pooing first?

I don't most of the time Aggie. I have on occasion but I found I didn't need to. I did it because I had some many other products and need to use them up, but I actually prefer my Wen straight with a Wen chaser! :lachen:

charmtreese

since i use ojon restorative treatment as a daily hairdress I find that there is no need for me to pre-poo. I also don't detangle before washing, I normally just rinse for a minute or two and then apply WEN.

MzRhonda

since i use ojon restorative treatment as a daily hairdress I find that there is no need for me to pre-poo. I also don't detangle before washing, I normally just rinse for a minute or two and then apply WEN.

Yep that's what I do and since I am in the shower I slap a plastic cap on do what I need to do in the shower and then rinse.

I took Januarys tip about using the WEN after as a leave in and adding oil and it turns out great.

Aggie

Yep that's what I do and since I am in the shower I slap a plastic cap on do what I need to do in the shower and then rinse.

I took Januarys tip about using the WEN after as a leave in and adding oil and it turns out great.[/quote]

Thanks for this. So you're saying that WEN can double up as a daily moisturizer, right? If this is the case, then this would be awesome for me as I am still looking for "that" moisturizer, ya know?

MzRhonda

I took Januarys tip about using the WEN after as a leave in and adding oil and it turns out great.[/quote]

Thanks for this. So you're saying that WEN can double up as a daily moisturizer, right? If this is the case, then this would be awesome for me as I am still looking for "that" moisturizer, ya know?

I haven't used it as a daily but I use it after washing and my hair stays moisturized and not dry for quite some time after.

Perhaps someone else can chime in on using it daily as a moisturizer.

MzRhonda

So you use it like a leave in after a wash and btw, thanks for responding.

Yes exactly.

I try to air dry and if needed blow dry after. So ai comb out add some WEN and coconut oil to the palm of my hand and put it on my hair - brush/comb into a ponytail, oil the ends and I am done. I did that today after coloring with Bigen. What I will do tomorrow to get ready for work Tuesday is take out the ponytail, perhaps blow dry a little and wrap my hair and style it for work Tuesday morning. From my experience my hair will not be dry and will not really need anymore oil except my protectant I use when I blow dry. The blow drying is quick because for the most part most of my hair is dry.

HTH.

Aggie

Yes exactly.

I try to air dry and if needed blow dry after. So ai comb out add some WEN and coconut oil to the palm of my hand and put it on my hair - brush/comb into a ponytail, oil the ends and I am done. I did that today after coloring with Bigen. What I will do tomorrow to get ready for work Tuesday is take out the ponytail, perhaps blow dry a little and wrap my hair and style it for work Tuesday morning. From my experience my hair will not be dry and will not really need anymore oil except my protectant I use when I blow dry. The blow drying is quick because for the most part most of my hair is dry.

HTH.

Thanks again MzRhonda. Nice regimen too.

jamaicalovely

Ok, you killing a PJ here. But, JanuaryNoir, you sold me. :)

Anyways, where do you get the fig?

So, the almond mint sample set is okay for ethnic hair?

Last question....who is using this while under a weave?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Ok, you killing a PJ here. But, JanuaryNoir, you sold me. :)

Anyways, where do you get the fig?

So, the almond mint sample set is okay for ethnic hair?

Last question....who is using this while under a weave?

:grin: It's a good product Jamaica'!
You can order the Fig, Lavender, Tea Tree or Aloe Cucumber from Chaz's Store or you can order from QVC or Amazon.com

The Sweet Almond Mint is made for all hair types. Whereas the Fig, Lavender and Tea Tree are geared for us! Different people like different ones and even do combos. My favorite is the Fig.