Well, I have something to say...

Blossssom

You ladies who wear your natural 4 a/b hair are an inspiration to every black person on the face of the earth.

I haven't had a relaxer since January *I was on the 2005 Christmas stretch and succeeded*, and my hair has never looked better; felt better and been HAPPIER!

NaturalLady and 1913 are the ones who inspired me initially to just DO THE DAMN THING! I must say that it's paying off.

Rozlips has said that relaxer aka creamy crack is the death of black women's hair. Now, it might not be the death for those ladies who only relax 3-4 times a year, but for those who relax every 4 - 6 weeks like I used to, it was death.

I believe that the relaxer is part of some grand conspiracy *what else is new?* to impede the growth of black hair.

My 13 year old niece recently got a relaxer and she absolutely hates it. I have inspired her to no longer relax because she loves my hair. I'm so proud.

I can't wait until the relaxer is 100% grown out of my head so I can be a TRUE natural! :)

Thank you all for having the confidence and the courage to say HELL NO to the relaxer!

jwhitley6

Congrats, Blossssom! I'm glad you're loving your hair. How are you loving the Bay Area weather? Hasn't it been fantastic!

Blossssom

Yea! It was hot as hell this weekend. Much cooler today, though. What a relief!

See, and with all this hot weather, it's definitely a time to be NATURAL!

Haha! I was going to flat-iron my hair today, it being Father's Day and all, but I didn't have time *takes me almost 2 hours*, and with the weather being what it is, the roots would have simply reverted anyway.

I saved them the trouble. Ha!

so1913

Congrats on your decision to transition! I'm glad I could be an inspiration in your decision making process :)

caligirl

Yeah, I'm lovin my curly puff. I just want my hair to be healthy. I'm tired of fighting with my hair just to have breakage and split ends.

Blossssom

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It's funny because the other night, I had a dream that I CAVED!

I was so relieved to awaken to find my "puff" was still in tact! :p

Heehee!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
You're welcome Blossssom! :kiss:

You've just had a great realization!

I'm happier with natural hair as well! I'm glad that it's paying off for the better with your hair! :)

firecracker

Congrats Blossomm on your transition. It will be great getting to know YOUR HAIR uncensored. :lol: I was rocking a fantastic twist out today. I gots lots of compliments and how to questions. I was shocked. :eek: