4 a/b who relax with Mizani for fine/ color treated hair

Afrolinda

I am a 4 a/b natural and I want to relax my hair in 3 weeks. Since this will be my first time after being natural for six years I am kind of scared. I want to relax my hair but I want it to be thick after the relaxer, I want a full bouncy hair with body and shine. I'm having doubts if I should use the relaxer for fine hair or for normal ( regular) hair. So please ladies who use Mizani for fine / color treated hair share your experiences and if you have pictures please post them.

Your Cheeziness

I had a virgin relaxer (results in my avi) with Mizani Butter Blends for Sensitive Scalp last month. I know it's not the one you're looking for, but I can share my experience with that. It was very gentle and didn't burn. My stylist did not relax me bone straight. I still have a lot of texture and my hair looks like it was when I was natural and straightened.

More pics http://public.fotki.com/ECheezy/relaxed-again-april/april-june-2011/
Blog with experience and pics http://www.hair2toebeauty.com/2011/04/back-to-relaxed-hair-i-go.html

Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I've been using that relaxer for quite a while now and I love it! My hair is not fine, it's medium, but it gives me a good texlax. It's very gentle. You will like your results.

Afrolinda

It will also very helpfull to know how long you stay with the relaxer in your hair? 10 min or more?

Your Cheeziness

It will also very helpfull to know how long you stay with the relaxer in your hair? 10 min or more?

My stylist did mine, so I am not sure. I just know that he said he has run out of time and won't overprocess my hair. I'll just assume it was the maximum recommended processing time.

CrissieD

I'm interested in this relaxer too. I have been natural all my life so I am TERRIFIED but I want a change and I have been every shade if blonde and redhead imaginable. I am a fine/medium 3c w/ bits of 4a @ the crown and my hair isn't very dense @ all. I will ne watching this thread very closely :)

Sorry OP didn't mean to highjack

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

I don't know. I don't time it but I'd say about 10 mins. I put it on then wash it out. I don't go back through and smooth it.

Sent from TopNotch1010's iPhone using LHCF

crlsweetie912

My hair is super thick. I loved using this relaxer. The only reason I stopped was because of cost and having to order it. (the BSS's here carry it, but the markup is SKY HIGH!)
I always had bouncy, shiny, healthy hair. Like I said, my hair is very thick and I like my hair bone straight because there's so much of it. So I probably left it on closer to 15 minutes, and I NEVER burned or had any problems out of it. It's a really great relaxer. Are you going for a texlax or full relaxer?

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
My hair is super thick. I loved using this relaxer. The only reason I stopped was because of cost and having to order it. (the BSS's here carry it, but the markup is SKY HIGH!)
I always had bouncy, shiny, healthy hair. Like I said, my hair is very thick and I like my hair bone straight because there's so much of it. So I probably left it on closer to 15 minutes, and I NEVER burned or had any problems out of it. It's a really great relaxer. Are you going for a texlax or full relaxer?

This is me...I currently use it and I like it. I'm due for a touch up Saturday.

ToSelahWithLove

CrissieD -- You sound almost exactly like me. lol. I've been natural all my life but I've decided to relax this Friday. I'm going to use Phytospecific relaxer, Index 1 though.

Afrolinda -- have you thought about using Phyto? It might be a good choice if you want some body after the relaxer.

Last edited:

Afrolinda

I want to texlax it.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

i used this when relaxed and color treated :-/

i hated it! it fried my hair almost as worst as that Dr. Miracle joint....
but yes my best (for fine 4aiiish hair) was Lady Velvet & ORS (no lye) ... the lye was ok
the old creme of nature relaxer was the bomb.com (yellow bottle) probably not sold anymore

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

just saw above.. when i texlaxed my best choice was the ORS lye ..lol

however that yellow (just for me texture softener) box for kids was great, but hair never felt moisturized (no matter what i did)...

dreamgurl82

Ditto ^^^ I hope it went well. I looooove Mizani...please post results! I normally go bone straightish but would love to see your texlaxed results.

Afrolinda

I relaxed with Mizani and I'm more bone straight relaxed than texlaxed but judge for yourself because I will post the pictures soon.