Weave vs. Wig

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
irisak said:
AlwaysSearching I bought mine from a cv (kevincn) who's contact info I got on BHM. I spent about $45 on a custom closure. The shipping for this one is kind of high because it's coming straight from China, he only accepts Western Union and the turnaround time is 3-8 weeks. However there are some good closure vendors on aliexpress also that don't have the same long turnaround and accept paypal.

Thank you for the info. 3-8 weeks?!? Wow that's long. Will check out the others. In choosing a closure, what is most important for me to consider?. Thanks again!

www.blackhairwigs.net. Never An Excuse For A Bad Hair Day

ctosha

I voted for wig i specifically use half wigs never a full one. Im always changing my mind with my natural hair so I like the ease of when I dont feel like it I can yank that off at any time and deal with my own if I choose. For some reason weaves scare me the thought of glue and/or sewing in hair doesn't sit well with me. I must say I'm becoming addicted to the half wig after wearing one for 2 weeks (taking it off at night of course) for my vacay.

LovelyRo

I love my sew ins but I made a 3/4 wig that I'm LOVING more than my sew in! My sew ins usually look super flat as times goes on.... but my wig looks fluffy and full of life. It looks like a sew in too... best of both worlds!!! Can wait to make my next one!

HairQueen

chrisanddonniesmommy said:
I voted wig. Weaves make me feel trapped. I like the freedom to access my hair as I please.

Me too, I feel restricted...I need to have free access to my hair and to be able to look after it.

blackberry815

I vote wigs!

I have been rocking my wig for the past two weeks and now I know I'm addicted! for a few good reasons:

you can take them off at the end of the day and moisturize and seal.

you have full access to your hair to keep up with washes and deep conditioning treatments.

you can still do no manipulation if you keep it corn rowed under the wig for a certain period of time.

you're still doing no manipulation even if you don't corn row your hair because your hands are not in your hair at all during day and your hair is hidden.

You don't have to worry about the thread cutting your poor strands.

You don't have to worry about alopecia from the tension of the braids and the additional weight on your hair follicles.

You don't have to worry about your hair locking up and losing alot of hair because you had braids in for weeks and now all your tangles and shed hair are matted together..

You don't have to worry about cutting the thread out of your hair and accidentally causing a setback because you cut some of your hair off by mistake.

You can switch up your style as often as you would like.

If you relax your hair its a good way to stretch an extra few weeks after you get tired of trying to fight with your new growth..

you can still have a natural look with wigs if you want to by using half wigs and leaving a little hair out.

Lace fronts are also a good alternative for a natural look and heck there are some pretty wigs that are not lace front that still look pretty natural. Just do your research and you will find a few good options.

Last edited:

blackberry815

I prefer my weaves. I can access my scalp, its low manipulation (I have the zigzag curly by www.extensions-plus.com). I've reused this hair over and over with no problems. It is also condusive to my lifestyle because I workout 5-6 days a week.

I have had horrors with wigs. Don't get me wrong, I miss them but a sista needs something that is secure. Fall is coming which means the wind will be blowing, and just MY luck, I can just see me running & chasing after my wig. I'll tell you a story.

Picture it. My birthday, January 13 & I went to visit a friend for some very much needed sex. Well, I had on a wig. We were gettin it in. Not trying to be graphic, but he was on top.,...,and I wad caught up in the moment. Well, I opened my eyes and he was busy! But to my surprise I was like......where in da hell are my bangs.........,lo and behold, the wig was sittin up on da pillow!!!! Im layin there with the stockin cap on. And it wasn't even a real stockin cap. I wad so cised that I was gettin some, i took a pair of pannie hoses, cut da legs off day joint, and pulled it on my head. Snatched da wig off da door knob n kept it movin out the door.

But that wasn't the worse part. I grabbed that wig off da pillow and put it back on my head before he noticed. We decided to change positions. He wanted it from the back. So now, Im facing the mirror and he is behind me. Well, its getting reeeeeeal good. Why did I throw my head down and then back. The wig flew off & hit him in the face. Can I tell you when I saw myself and his face in the mirror, it was priceless.

So you see, for purposes of getting intimate and for your sanity, you might want to opt for the weave shuga, cuz I don't care what you do, that joka ain't goin NOWHERE!!

Plus, the money you spend buying a new wig every month, you could have purchased 2 packs of quality hair that you can reuse over and over. The key is not to get the cornrows tight.

We still laugh about that to this day, Steve & I.

*sits back n lights up a newport one hunnit*

omg.. lol you need to pin that sucka down!