Wave Nouveau v Texlax

theEclectanista

What's the difference>?

I had a virgin relaxer done on my hair twice at the shop which didn't take and turned my hair curly,
I tried texlaxing my roots & didn't get the same effect (that was last July) my hair is not as curly as it was before.

I'm gonna wait a year before I try again but will Wave Nouveau make it curly? Or am I just texlaxing improperly?

PS. my texlax method was adding conditioner to the mix, and leaving on the hair for 5 minutes.
My avi has my curly hair in it. from sept

curly hair last spring

I just want some tips on maintaining the curl.

My Friend

You can not put a WN on relaxed hair:nono: waiting a year is not going to do anything. You would need to BC then apply the WN. The WN process straightens the hair then it adds a softer curl back into the hair.

What are you trying to accomplish in the end with your hair?

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
How does the newly relaxed hair look now?

If you do a WN you will be bald, like the other poster said you will have to BC first

Last edited:

theEclectanista

I'm sorry what is BC?

and I don't get relaxers.
I tried a relaxer in 2009 and it didn't take so I have not gotten them since.
the last chemical process I did was a texlax in July, which was applied for 5 minutes and rinsed out

lana

A BC is a Big Chop - meaning chop off all of your chemically processed hair and work with the new growth only (which should be virgin natural hair).

If you had a chemical process of any kind in July do not use Wave Nouvea on top of it. Even if you think the July texlax didn't work, it still affected your strands in some form or fashion. I know because I texlax for 5 minutes and get GREAT results. But I use mild for sensitive scalp Lye relaxer that takes longer to process. My hair is not curly with the texlax. But I guess it could be if I texlaxed for a shorter amount of time.

vkb247

If the hair is still puffy/kinky than your hair might not be processed enough. I mostly say that because you said trying with relaxer to make it straight made it curly. I'm guessing the stylist processed longer with no conditioner to slow it down. Did you use the same relaxer she used.

prettyinpurple

You do have a relaxer in your hair (even if you added conditioner to it and only left it on for a few minutes). Texlax is a method not the product used.

Do not add a Wave Nouveau to your relaxed hair. Take the advice stated in the thread.

From reading the board, texturizing and texlaxing takes a few trials to get it right. Also it sounds as if your stylist used the relaxer straight up but you added conditioner to your at home try. If that's right then it makes sense that your hair processed more during the stylist visit.

Gibsongal

Naw, please don't do the WN unless you do it on fresh unrelaxed hair. To put it in a nutshell, the WN perm uses a chemical that is thio-based. It doesn't mix AT ALL with sodium hydroxide/calcium based relaxers. (lye and no lye). You're asking for a chemical haircut if you do it on relaxed hair.