Wave Nouveau/Mizani Silkening System Curly Perm????

cocoberry10

Hello Ladies:

I’m writing to see if anyone on the board has a wave nouveau or any other “curly perm” like a Mizani Silkening System. If so, how do you like it? I am contemplating getting one after growing out my relaxer. I may or may not need one, but I’m considering it. Thanks!

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I have Wave by Design which is a curly perm. I love it. I've had it for about 4 years now. I like it because I can wear it straight or curly. I love the fluffy, curly look though so I don't usually wear it straight. I had a texturiser before I had it but I didn't like that. I had to grow it out first so that when I went to get the Wave done, I had like about eight inches of NG. I had a relaxer in the past too but I didn't like it. My hair never looked straight except when it was freshly done and never held the roller sets. I wash twice a week, DC with heat and airdry. I moisturise and seal with a little oil, wear in a loose braid at the back and sleep in a satin cap. The only time my hair looks and feels wet is when it gets washed or when it's freshly permed. PM me if you need more info.

Last edited:

SugarBaby

I have Wave by Design which is a curly perm. I love it. I've had it for about 4 years now. I like it because I can wear it straight or curly. I love the fluffy, curly look though so I don't usually wear it straight. I had a texturiser before I had it but I didn't like that. I had to grow it out first so that when I went to get the Wave done, I had like about eight inches of NG. I had a relaxer in the past too but I didn't like it. My hair never looked straight except when it was freshly done and never held the roller sets. I wash twice a week, DC with heat and airdry. I moisturise and seal with a little oil, wear in a loose braid at the back and sleep in a satin cap. The only time my hair looks and feels wet is when it gets washed or when it's freshly permed. PM me if you need more info.

profile is set to private, can't PM you.

cocoberry10

Can you do roller sets with this? Also, how long did it take you to grow out the relaxer (that’s the stage I’m in now—growing out the texlax, relaxer)! Thanks!