Wave Nouvau/Waving up Permed Hair????

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
Hello ladies!

I'm just wondering about this Wave Nouvau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion I've been using lately. My hair is VERY moisturized now as opposed to the pile of hay I had a couple of weeks ago :yep:. However, when I wear my bun I'm noticing little teeny waves all over the front of my hair going back about 2 inches.

I'm wondering if Wave Nouvau can actually wave up permed hair?? I know it sounds silly:drunk: but I have a fresh perm and I almost look like I'm natural in the front and straight everywhere else. My hair looked straight right after I permed, bunned and scarf wrapped it. Then the second day after using the Wave Nouvau and scarf I noticed the little waves in the front.

I'm thinking I might be text-laxed on the new growth since my last few perms didn't take as well???:perplexed But it was straight right after the perm and didn't wave up until the second day of using the Wave Nouvau. I kinda like the little waves because it makes me look like I have that good hurrrr :drunk: but I'm just wondering about this product.

TIA :grin:

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
I think it's water based, so too much on relaxed hair wouldn't be the best thing to do. Try using a little less. I only use it when I'm braiding my hair and wearing my wig. I slather it on my hair and seal with EVOO

cmw45

I had a wave nevou twice. Both were FAILS. I kinda gave up on the products but I might have to check it out again.

exoticmommie

The 2 inches of waves, sound like a texlax to me. I just got a fresh relaxer. And using a water base moisturizer and aloe vera gel is doing that for me as well. My last relaxer wasn't as straight as it usually is.

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I think it's water based, so too much on relaxed hair wouldn't be the best thing to do. Try using a little less. I only use it when I'm braiding my hair and wearing my wig. I slather it on my hair and seal with EVOO

That's one sure thing, it really is moisturizing so I'll try to use a little less.

Thanks!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
I had a wave nevou twice. Both were FAILS. I kinda gave up on the products but I might have to check it out again.

I don't have the Wave Nouvau curly perm, but I was just using the moisturizing product. I have a regular straight perm. Is that what you meant, you had the actual curly perm and it failed? I remember thinking of getting that a few years ago but decided against it.

Try that moisturizing lotion, you just might like it this time.

Thanks!

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
The 2 inches of waves, sound like a texlax to me. I just got a fresh relaxer. And using a water base moisturizer and aloe vera gel is doing that for me as well. My last relaxer wasn't as straight as it usually is.

Oh, so you know exactly what I'm talking about then. One thing I can say is I'm surprised that the texlaxed hair is more manageable than I would think so that's good at least. It's funny you mentioned aloe vera gel because I was just about to go and try some of that gel because I planned on going back to my half wig.

Thanks!