How can i achieve a wave at the ends without heat?

Is it possible to get a nice flipped under or out type wave ( after flat ironing my ends are too straight) without using heat? Can perm rods do it? If they can does hair have to be wet when u put it in the perm rod? And how long would i need to leave in the perm rod? Any other ideas on how to get a wave in the end, i cannot rollerset my hair and i use a flat iron to straighten which doesnt work well for waves or curls.......

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
Sleek and Bouncy has a pincurl thread somewhere here, you should check it out! As for me, Sometimes I pincurl, it really works great. If I want it wavy, I section my hair into 4 parts and do bantu knots. You can do them either before you go to bed, or even in the morning before you jump into the shower, the steam sets it. Just make sure not to get your hair wet.HTH

myco

Flexirods work well to add wave and curl to the ends.

That's what I did last night. I took one flexirod (purple) and rolled all my hair onto that rod. When I took it out this morning, my hair was straight near the front and crown, but the ends are wavy and slightly bumped.