Finally a wash n go that worked!!!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Started transitioning July 2011.

Transitioned for 2 years and 3 months.

Been natural since October 2013.

Wash n go's have been my arch enemy. Can't get one to work. Can't get one to look right. Can't get products right. Look like a chia pet....Can't can't can't. The struggle has been REAL!

UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Success.....

Deep conditioned pre poo with Hairveda Strinillah
Shampoo with Kinky Curly Come Clean
Rinse out condish. Hairveda MoisturePro

Leave in Kinky Curly Knot Today and Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Air dried soaking wet hair until damp and then scrunched out the curls to give shape.

This is the first one I have ever done that I would leave the house with. Wooooohoooooo!!!!!

I can't wait until it's longer and I can get some hang time outta this baby. ;)

Attachments

• image-1183887436.jpg
    image-1183887436.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 398
  • image-2550371512.jpg
    image-2550371512.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 340
  • image-2470869732.jpg
    image-2470869732.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 308
  • image-95753698.jpg
    image-95753698.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 326
  • image-3203280955.jpg
    image-3203280955.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 320

havilland

Very pretty! Is your texture always silky or is that from the products you used?

My hair "looks" silky. It's not. It's thin and frizzy. The products worked. This time.....

When it dried it looked like ramen noodles. I should have taken a pic. I almost put it in my trademark pony...but then I decided to scrunch it and play with it since I'm home sick today.....it just worked. I'm not sure why. Maybe my trim I did last week? I don't know. Maybe since I have been daily co washing the last few weeks? Maybe since I started using Come Clean shampoo once a week instead of solely co washing?

I dunno. But I'm happy with it.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
My hair "looks" silky. It's not. It's thin and frizzy. The products worked. This time..... When it dried it looked like ramen noodles. I should have taken a pic. I almost put it in my trademark pony...but then I decided to scrunch it and play with it since I'm home sick today.....it just worked. I'm not sure why. Maybe my trim I did last week? I don't know. Maybe since I have been daily co washing the last few weeks? Maybe since I started using Come Clean shampoo once a week instead of solely co washing? I dunno. But I'm happy with it.
I bought the Kinky Curly Come Clean, Curling Custard and spiral spritz last week before I big chopped...I love that stuff.

naturalmanenyc

Very pretty! I'm glad you found a combination that works. I'm still on the hunt myself since Kinky Curly and Knot Today didn't work for me.

natural in ATL

15+ years natural
Beautiful! I wear my WNGs the same way with the headband!

P.S. It's great to finally see who you are since I always follow you in the Raw Vegan thread... :)

chelleyrock

Beautiful wash n go OP! I just bought some Kinky Curly Custard and leave-in on Tuesday. I tried using it a few years ago for a wash n go and my hair was a mess. Maybe because I didn't clarify. I'm willing to give it another go.

havilland

Beautiful wash n go OP! I just bought some Kinky Curly Custard and leave-in on Tuesday. I tried using it a few years ago for a wash n go and my hair was a mess. Maybe because I didn't clarify. I'm willing to give it another go.
The KC products work well for me. I always liked them. But they definitely took time to perfect. I go by how my hair feels, first. My hair liked the products. But they didn't make my hair "look" great. It took me well over a year or two to get a good "look". Maybe my hair is in better condition now. (I think)

Last edited:

krikit96

Very pretty! I'm glad you found a combination that works. I'm still on the hunt myself since Kinky Curly and Knot Today didn't work for me.

This right here is why I haven't tried them... they aren't cheap. $15.99 & $12.99 for those lil jars not to work would piss me off... the BSS Herr doesn't take products back once used. Wonder if Wal-Mart sells them. They take ANYTHING back.

Last edited:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
[USER=62579]krikit96[/USER];20089155 said:
This right here is why I haven't tried them... they aren't cheap. $15.99 & $12.99 for those lil hard not to work would piss me off... the BSS Herr doesn't take products back once used. Wonder if Wal-Mart sells them. They take ANYTHING back.

If you have Sally's or Target, you can buy there. They will take it back, especially Target